New Hobbyist from Ave Maria, Florida

GoldenMotor.com

GreenPurgatory

Jan 28, 2010
Ave Maria, Florida
Hey Guys,

I have been trolling the forums for a while, and I finally read enough where I felt comfortable ordering a kit. I need a more economical way of traveling 4 miles round-trip to school, a few times a day. I literally ordered the F80 70cc from thatsDAX a minute ago. I opted against ordering upgrades right off the bat, so that I could have something to compare performance to.

I will keep reading, and post occasionally, as I decide which expansion chamber to get. I am pretty sure I will be switching to a 36 tooth. Eventually a kit from Sick Bike Parts. I will also replace a few parts on the engine to improve reliability.

As of right now, I am thinking of putting the motor kit on a 1970's Free Spirit.

The bicycle in the picture is not mine, I wish it was. My Free Spirit looks like it has 30+ years right now. I will restore it, as I prep the engine for installation. Pictures to come.

The other bicycle I have available for a kit is an old, beat-up Schwinn Cruiser SS.

I like the looks of the Cruiser, but I will probably stick to the Free Spirit because of the gears, and my eventual shift kit.

Enough talk for now,
GreenPurgatory
usflg

Last edited:

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
WELCOME
if you are going to build a comuter bike i strongly suggest front suspension
a springer front end or shocks big differance in th comfort dept

GreenPurgatory

Jan 28, 2010
Ave Maria, Florida
WELCOME
if you are going to build a comuter bike i strongly suggest front suspension
a springer front end or shocks big differance in th comfort dept
Thank you!

A front suspension, huh? I am not sure how feasible that could be. If I go with the 70's Free Spirit, then I am probably dealing with a 1 inch threaded fork that is made for 27" wheels. Of course, that is if I re-use the wheels. I would also like to keep the fenders on it.

A springer definitely looks interesting, but probably harder to rig than just switching forks.

I will look around some bicycle shops, and ebay.

Cheers,
GreenPurgatory

EDIT: I found a nice springer set-up, but not sure if it would fit.
http://www.ghentcruisers.com/our-parts/leaf-spring-front-fork

Last edited:

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
suspension is well worth the effort
i mix and match parts i can make anything fit anything
look at my avatar that is a scwhinn chopper that i cut in half and added 16 inches to the
frame and installed a 4 stroke greyhound motor, it is 8.5 ft long and you ride 18 inches off the ground

GreenPurgatory

Jan 28, 2010
Ave Maria, Florida
Just finished everything. Now I begin to improve on it. It is very rough, I am sure I need to do plenty of adjusting.

I definitely need that front suspension, lol.

@Joker: That is a crazy ride!

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
hey green
even a diamond needs to be refined and polished
post some pics i would like to see what your working on