scrap parts build help?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
So I've got everything I need excluding handle bar which will be probably from scrap plumbing around my apartment complex

The victim is apparently a girls Roadmaster bicycle that was abandoned by homeless bike theives came without wheels and rims I managed to fit a 20 on the front and a 26 in the rear, gives it a low rider feel,

My issue mainly is can i use a threaded rod from the hardware store as a skrewer alternative if so what's the standard rod width size is a 26 mtb rim. This is temporary til I can find a free cl bicycle native to burien with a coaster brake with 24 as I will eventually destroy the build and rebuild as for now I just need it to just ride I also need to buy a curve back seat post with seat.

Last is should I keep the clutch from the snapper motor? It can be modified to fit a socket on it as well.

Let me know on the skewer info,

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
No. better to go with a real skewer. Even better to ditch the qr and run bolt on, but not necessary. Hardware store rod probably won't be up to the task. It has to be strong!

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
No. better to go with a real skewer. Even better to ditch the qr and run bolt on, but not necessary. Hardware store rod probably won't be up to the task. It has to be strong!
Agreed wish I could find someone with a few spare parts like a skewer tire and tube that will atleast close my build in the rest is all bolts nuts, etc managed to find the orginal handlebars hiking.