HF 212cc capable reverse gearbox?

GoldenMotor.com

McChicken Messiah

May 28, 2015
United States
I'm mounting a HF 212cc Predator with the crank facing right, and I need to reverse the PTO.

The engine must be mounted this way, or I'll have to do some serious hackery to the frame, which I would really prefer not to do (I don't have the proper tools to fit the frame for left crank facing mounting, and I'd still need to setup a jack shaft for my purposes).

After some digging, I haven't found a reverse gearbox that I'd feel safe using.

A sturdy reverse gearbox or some other suggestion as to reversing the PTO without fab would be extremely helpful.

Keep in mind, I'm not going to purchase a new frame.

McChicken Messiah

May 28, 2015
United States

This is what I'm working with, space wise I won't be able to mount it "the right way" without chopping the frame and bracing the engine from the gas tank mount.

Thanks for the welcome SB.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
You can try a search, someone around here made a reverse jackshaft, not sure who it was though.

McChicken Messiah

May 28, 2015
United States
Ahh, guess I missed this post on my first searches here. Though, this is similar to what I was originally thinking.

Hmmm, any suggestions out there on a gear train parts supplier?

T3KBiker

Nov 29, 2017
Hey I know this is 2 years old now but was it ever figured out? I'm attempting the same thing

thatotherguy00

Aug 13, 2022
If you can find someone to make an inverted cam in theory you get the motor to run and reverse
you would also have to make a different pull start