if you got a new motor

GoldenMotor.com

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
if you have the stones, there's a pretty good argument for doing what cannonball2 is doing here and buying the motor in pieces and doing the assembly yourself.
It loads all the hard work onto you, but removes the the random chances of getting a bum motor delivered.

But, to be honest, what I would do is look at the other stuff that comes with the motor, let's say I wanted a short intake, I'd buy a motor that says it comes with one. Or maybe one with a better looking throttle grip, or some upgrade like a chain tensioner in with it for a discount.

That, or just buy one that's on sale right now.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Shortie intake and / or the 40mm bolt spacing on the jug, the good bearings already installed or in the "build your own" kits, and the longer clutch arm... Everything else either gets replaced or reworked... Having the wide frame cutout is nice too, but the narrow ones usually have enough metal that one gan cut out to fit, just a LOT less work if it's already got the wider spacing for the front frame tube.

highstrung74

Nov 4, 2014
illinois
if you have the stones, there's a pretty good argument for doing what cannonball2 is doing here and buying the motor in pieces and doing the assembly yourself.
It loads all the hard work onto you, but removes the the random chances of getting a bum motor delivered.

But, to be honest, what I would do is look at the other stuff that comes with the motor, let's say I wanted a short intake, I'd buy a motor that says it comes with one. Or maybe one with a better looking throttle grip, or some upgrade like a chain tensioner in with it for a discount.

That, or just buy one that's on sale right now.
thats a great and very informative thread cannonball is doing....im following it and cant wait to see how it turns out...