motorized bicycle on airplane

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
You'll either have to clean ALL the gas from the tank or just start with a brand new one. ANY gas at all will not be allowed I'm sure. Even the smell of gas will probably get you dis-allowed, But I see no reason why not for the rest of it, As long as it meets the weight requirments for luggage. Have you tried just buying it a ticket? I love my bike more than my wife, (some day's anyway.) Simply explain ya just can't be without the love of your life, and ya want her in the seat next to your's on the plane.
fatdaddy.dance1

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I UPS'ed a MB once and FD is right. No gas or oil, even the smell. I took the bike to a car wash and washed it well. Then took off the tank and washed it out until all smell was gone. PITB but got it shipped

traveling overseas? why not ride there?
LOL

Can't roll up the windows so have to hold yer breath.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Disguise it as a wheelchair. You'll be first on, first off. Just don't start the engine during take offs and landings. The ignition messes up the plane's avionics just like cell phones, laptops and wireless speedometers. :)

Tom

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Disguise it as a wheelchair. You'll be first on, first off. Just don't start the engine during take offs and landings. The ignition messes up the plane's avionics just like cell phones, laptops and wireless speedometers. :)

Tom
Won't he have to adjust the carb for lower air pressure as the cabin does not stay at sea level. Of course taking oxygen and mixing it with cabin air to get sea level by microprocessor control might be done too.

No really it is true anything on board or in luggage you might just call the airline and see direct. Otherwise what if you have a non-refundable ticket and they won't take the bike!

MT

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This my company has done, we had a sortation controller go out and the company that makes it is in Grand Rapids Michigan. We paid the vendor to buy a plane ticket and place the controller in the seat, one of our people when to the airport and got it off the plane. This has been a few years ago, before 9-11 so it may not be legal now.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thinking about it now, how about FedEx or UPS? Might be cheaper but I don't know. Was a hundred bucks within the U.S. for a bike & 4 smoke engine.