seeing extraordinary lack of interest

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
In California, I'm seeing an extraordinary lack of interest in motorized bikes this summer - are others seeing this?

Ooontzler

Feb 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
If anything, I've noticed more motorized bikes around town since I got mine operational - but that could just be because I'm thinking about them more. I've seen a bunch of 2-strokes and only one other 4-stroke. The 2-strokes seem a lot more popular.

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego
Funny I see them a lot more too. I do look out for them now.......and they have a unique sound that I had no clue about before having one.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I live in a 2-stoplight town of a little over 3000 people about 35 miles from Sacramento. Every year it seems we get one more chinagirl rider, but by the end of the summer, that bike has broken down and ends up on Craigslist :D

The town I live in is small enough that one of these makes perfect sense to get around with. I get quite a bit of interest in my 4-stroke shifter bike when I gas up or go grocery shopping, but no one I've given my number to has followed up once they hear the cost of building the equivalent!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
strange, I'm usually busy during summer, but now get maybe one repair a week

ads on CL are reposting over & over (I've even bought a few to repair & resell myself)

thought it might be due to ebayers not selling engines to CA anymore, but maybe it's just this area