Bushing for clutch arm- sprocket cover???

GoldenMotor.com

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
Maybe I am being anal but has anyone found a bronze or brass bushing for the clutch arm to correct the poor fit and eventual wearing of the clutch arm hole. We have some members with really good machine shop capabilities. I think that a bushing kit with bore diameter requirements or someone who would machine the sprocket covers and install the bushing would probably sell.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There was a guy who tried to bush that hole several years ago. After the hole is enlarged enough to get a bushing in, it weakened the cover and they broke. He tried more than one so it's probably universal.

Just keep that shaft well lubricated and take the slack out of your clutch cable so the lever doesn't vibrate and there shouldn't be that much wear on the aluminum cover.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've run into this same problem with some of my high-mileage bikes. Keeping the shaft well greased is about all you can do. I looked at options but I agree with 2door, there isn't enough meat in the casting to bush it effectively in my opinion.
But then, I've worn out clutch levers from riding so much!
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46461

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Those covers are so cheap why not just keep an extra one put back....?

ditto: Tom & maniac57 just keep the shaft greased and it should last for thousands of miles, maybe even outlast the engine itself.

Map