motorized bicycle's and immagration ? Really...

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Ok so now ive heard it all ... So before i gett a hundred angry replies just lett me say im just only repeating what ive heard NOT my opnion!
Were i live in northern IL. We have a huge ilegal immagration problem ,everyone agrees on this (both sides anyway) . Last week at one of our local bars ,a guy i never meet came over and ask if i was one "of those guys on those ilegal bicycles" ? Despite having a copy of the IL. State law in my pocket he would not believe me . He told me he was gona call police every time he saw us ride and i said thats his right? He left for a few but as i was ready to leave four or five of his buddys came over and started in on the ilegal mexican issue. There beef was with "mexicans" riding in the street "with no dam liscence" (no dl required in IL.) i started getting that pre asswooping feeling... Then the bigest one of these guys ask if i was selling bikes ? I said yes i was helping people work on there bikes (were a club not a bike seller) what of it? His responce was"better not be helping mexicans!" his buddy allowed how if he saw a bike parked some were he would smash the motor with a hammer!
I told that guy if he ever touched my bike he would need a good dentist! That seemed to take the wind outa his sails and i left . Well the next day i got a call from the owner of the bar (a friend of a friend) telling me not to ride there anymore ? He said those guys got loud and ran off some of his other customers aswell ,so stay outa there ! Not to be a jerk but i told him ill ride were i please and if you wana bar me go ahead ,just be ready for the backlash! Now the club rides to this place many times during the summer and theres no way im getting run off just cuz some jerks who hate spanish people!
To be honest ive only ever seen one mexican guy rideing an mb around town ? And if he wants to join the club ,its up to the membership to vote a new guy in or out just like everyone else!
So is it just me or is this just stupid! We are one of the few states that dont require a dl. To operate an mb . But how is that strickly a mexican issue? First it was guys with dui trouble ,now its racial?? The real truth to me is these guys have nothing better to do them blame whatever they can on mexicans and have a gripe to drink over! Plus if they mess with me they cant get charged with a racial hate crime.
The long and short of this leaves me wondering how you all feel about these issues? I fought for several years to get the laws changed in IL. Just to alow mb's on state roadways and there not defined as a motor vec. In IL. So why would you need a DL?
So what do you think ,does the lack of DL requirement help those with dui's and or ilegals? Unfairly? And why?
I realize this is a charged issue and may be outa the scope of most who our on this forum , however anything that may chalenge my right to ride free is worth debate.
I hope i didnt offend anyone , i generaly lett my breath do that for me!

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Re: Mb's and immagration ? Really...

As far as bike law:
You have the "right", as defined by Illinois, to ride the bike around without going to jail or being harassed by the police.

Illegal Aliens:
Illegal Mexican aliens don't even belong in this country. Don't worry about what's "fair" to them. In fact when the founders created this country they wanted only "free White persons of good moral character" to be citizens and have full rights.

The guy at the bar:
He threatened to destroy your property. If I were you I'd stay away from the bar and him.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish

As far as bike law:
You have the "right", as defined by Illinois, to ride the bike around without going to jail or being harassed by the police.

Illegal Aliens:
Illegal Mexican aliens don't even belong in this country. Don't worry about what's "fair" to them. In fact when the founders created this country they wanted only "free White persons of good moral character" to be citizens and have full rights.

The guy at the bar:
He threatened to destroy your property. If I were you I'd stay away from the bar and him.
I think is important to confront stupidity and racism whenever it's encountered. You dont have to be a dick about it but dont put up with it either. Im a white guy surrounded by Hispanic folks, most; if not all of them having family in this land before it was America: And before ANY of my relatives arrived on the boat. That being said; dont get yur head beat in. As to the "free white men of good moral character" that was at the very beginings of this country when slavery was still in fashon in most of the states. It changed quickly with the times and needs of the country. Heck: Look at all them Irish they let in...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWmf3Waio9E HAHAHAhahhaalaff

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

That's a kind of interesting situation. First thing that comes to mind is, damn, you got enough people riding MBs that you can have a club? That alone make me jealous.

Second thing is about the bar. Who are these jerks in the bar? Sounds like you're going to a sucky bar. The bar owner tells you not to ride there, because some racist jerks start a commotion? I think it's time to find a new bar. The jerks are wrong, and the bar owner is wrong too. The best thing to do is don't give him any more of your money.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

nothing worse than a racist, and not much is dumber either......forget about trying to reason with them.
What is funny, is watching their stupidity surface, seeing how insecure they are about things in general....and laughing knowing the dolts need to be drinking and together to voice their ignorance.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California

Be glad nothing happened physically to you or your bikes. As someone else pointed out, go to another bar. The bar owner is either in cahoots with the trouble makers, is too dumb to realize that his bar is being taken over by the bozos or is too afraid of the clowns to kick them out - his bad. Take your money somewhere else.

Enjoy life and ride your motorized bike.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.

I guess any tech. Thats new to an area causes problems? But the whole issue of race and rights has reached a fever pitch here... In the last 10-15 yrs the population has changed to hispanic 70/30 and the local infastructure is showing the burden!
Jobs,schools,police and healthcare have all suffered setbacks due to the influx of ilegals.
It's easy to just call people who arguee these points racist, but we all worry about this stuff...the local police stats are alarming to say the least ,they have aressted as many as 100 illegals in one day and thats not rare or infrequent.
But when the issue in a drivers licesnce and use of the public roadway thats diff. We all (most people) pay there taxs And that supports the roadways for everyone .There will always be those looking to get by with a "dodge" . So we end up with a case of the "suppos too's" your suppos to pay taxs ,your suppos to get a legal DL. Etc . But many dont ... So now "they" see unlicsenced MB's as anouther "dodge" for ilegals to use and that threatens my rights! I always try and portray MB's as an enviormently friendly ,safe,and econamical way to travel localy ,but it seems theres a lot of people who see them as a way for drunks and illegals to scam the system.
I know those jerks at the bar are a lost cause ,the problem is when they get the attention of the powers that be (from the bar owners thru to IL. Senate) and for some reason they do...

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.

Biknut dont be jealous... Start a club of your own ! We started with three guys , now we have seven full timers and twenty or so members around the county. We get together work on everyones bikes(ride to local bars) and generally mind our own bizz. Not that we havent had the minnor little tiff now and them ,most times theres a crowd of folks who file out to see the bikes and ask question and thats it . Good fun with your friends ,someone to watch your back and access to club workshop ,pretty good deal overall.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK

Wherever you go in the world, most people are ok, but there's always a group of morons looking for a scapegoat for whatever goes on around them. Stay safe, find another place to go if you can.

A thought. Have you considered going in with a bunch of people and taking flash photographs of the monkeys? Vermin don't like being exposed. You never know, some or all of them may already be known to the local police.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Sounds like you guys like to do the same stuff I like to do. Ride to bars. All the ones I go to are always full of bikes. Aren't there any bars like this one, or this one.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA

I learned a long time ago...
Never argue with an idiot...
You'll both end up sounding like idiots.,..

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.

Wow nice bike biknut mongo impressed... Yes we have a couple good place to ride too . I kinda feel bad for the guy who owns the little bar in question . He is stuck trying to make a profit and put up with jerks like i ran into . The irony is just last year we were talking about haveing an event at this place just cuz they were cool with us comeing by there ? This part of the country has always had a weird relationship with bikers(of any kind) they love when a bunch of people come to eat and drink but hate the fights and police showing up every weekend. I was smart enough to talk to the local MC when we started our club ,just so they knew we were out there and ment no disrespect to them or anyone else . There are seven MC's within ten miles of us and at least three are one percent clubs . They all seem to get on ok and there are several bars that they share as common turf ,but there are also a few were we are not welcome! Only one club has told me to stay away from there bars/events and not to claim to be an mc (not that we ever did). And even those guys have comented on how cool they thought our bikes were. In some strange way i think they might feel like were a threat to "there thing" just cuz more people can afford a MB and then there will be more guys on the road?
I tend to look at it like were cousins or a little brother ,you put up with them but you dont want them tagging along all the time?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK

I won't go public on my opinions about 1% clubs, but you can trust me, I'm never joining one.

Nod, smile, keep on walking past, that's my solution.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I think in the end, you have to accept what the stupid bar owner wants. If he says no motor bicycles in his parking lot, fair of not that's his right. But of course you also have the right not to give him any money.

I would bide my time, and see what happens. Motor bicycles will probably become more and more popular as time goes by. Others may start showing up at the bar. There's a lot more power in numbers. more likely he'll go out business though.

There's a very old hamburger drive in here in Dallas. It had a long standing policy of no motorcycles. Since about 1990 motorcycles started becoming a lot more popular. These new riders are in most cases yuppies and professionals riding shinny Harleys. They don't know anything about the history of bikers of old. They started trying to go to to this drive in, and felt angry about being denied service. Many of them are local HOG club members lol. One thing about yuppies is they're all high pressure. They started a campaign of peaceful protest to get the owner abandon his no motorcycle policy. I wasn't part of it, but I'm sure when he saw how many of them there were, and all the potential money he was losing, it played a big part of his decision to relent. Now I see motorcycles there all the time, and I doubt most of them even know anything about it.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.

Its gona blow over by spring anyway ,hopefully. Everyone has packed it in for winter except the most hard core guy ,who oddly is also the most trouble!
We found out the hard way to call ahead or recon a place before we all ride up buzzed.
There is a great little campground is SE wisconsin ,cool bar ,nice lots everything . And it was in the perfect spot between some friends homes ,then when we got there ....
Theres only four of us and they flipped, NO motorcycles and gona call the sheriff? We bailed and ended up on the road till 1am . Turns out the outlaws went there in the 80's and trashed the place.
So few of the people who ride any type of motorcycle know the history ! Were i live has a unique place in american cycle history ,that we try and explain to everyone.
Your prob aware of the early german and british motors that were for sale at the turn of the century cira 1885-1910. Due to our location on lake michigan shipping things here by boat from the east was farily afordable and guys ordered those motors by the thousands.
Working class guys from here and miliwaukee rode the train down to chicago got there motor at the post office and built the bike right in the street in front of the schwinn factory. Here in waukegan we had one of the first gas stations in IL. Some of the best roads in the country at the time ,and if the road was wett, jump on the train tracks!
Bill rand , the son of rand -mcnaley (map guys), loved all the new tech that was out then he took his bike and his camera and made one of the first road guides ever published in the U.S. Road signs at the time were made by farmers or the guys in the local police . Waukegan was his halfway point and was choice because of gas and brick paved streets.
People followed his routes up and down the west side of the lake on some of the same roads we ride today . The boom in MB's may have helped convince olds and ford that there was a markett?
waukegan was once the only town in america with a harley/indian/cleveland dealer all under the same roof. And has been a battle ground for bike customers ever since.
Once people start to understand more of the history ,they see were not just a bunch of drunks out to cause trouble...