Concerning the quality of china kits...

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It has been my experience with these little gems that you either get a short-fused bomb, or a good engine. The quality is a crapshoot. I treat mine like an old Bultaco Spanish Two-Stroke trials motorcycle I had (a LONG time ago); Assume that something is about to fall off EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU RIDE! Go over it every ride for loose bolts, broken studs, leaks etc and correct any problems asap. The quality is good enough to be reliable if supported very seriously. Don't wait for it to break or fall off! Be proactive with a serious maintainence regime and you will have much better reliability. I ride every day, sometimes hours at a time, and my bike has been stone reliable(knock on wood)
I credit a lucky purchase but also the fact I am very hands-on and check my stuff every ride. Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?brnot

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
ive had good luck with my personal china kit. but some of the kits ive built for customers, not so much. on my kit ive road many long mile trips without any major problems for about 4 years(same kit) but i always keep an eye on things and check them often. my customer bikes have had some problems, but i think it was there lack of maintenance or mixing improper fuel ratios.
i like the 2 stroke china kits, but i have moved on to building a 79cc predator as we speak. i might start building these for customers if AGK wouldnt have everthing i order on backorder. hope i get my parts soon,tired of starring at this thing.:)

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
It has been my experience with these little gems that you either get a short-fused bomb, or a good engine. The quality is a crapshoot. I treat mine like an old Bultaco Spanish Two-Stroke trials motorcycle I had (a LONG time ago); Assume that something is about to fall off EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU RIDE! Go over it every ride for loose bolts, broken studs, leaks etc and correct any problems asap. The quality is good enough to be reliable if supported very seriously. Don't wait for it to break or fall off! Be proactive with a serious maintainence regime and you will have much better reliability. I ride every day, sometimes hours at a time, and my bike has been stone reliable(knock on wood)
I credit a lucky purchase but also the fact I am very hands-on and check my stuff every ride. Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?brnot
I dont ride chinese kits for that exact reason..I wanna ride my bike not tinker with it all the time!