Gearhead with a new toy

GoldenMotor.com

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
i finally made it thru the terribly slow break in period on my rig and i got 42.4mph with a stock 44t setup on 700c tires. i cant wait to add all the goodies i can starting of course with my homemade boost and no2 kits and the first reasonably priced 32-34t sprocket i can get my hands on. if anyone knows a site where i can order a pretapped manifold and a small sprocket id love to hear about it. ill post pics when my bike is a little less ghetto. i built it from a rawmotors.com 80cc slant black kit and a diamondback roadbike frame i dug out of the trash. i currently have a 26in mountain bike tire on the front (yes thats the speedo side and i did calibrate my speedo accordingly) and i finally got brakes my kit told me to do my break in at 15k but that was barely idle speed so i did my break in at 15mph instead doesnt seem to have had a negative affect yet. also, pending some further experimentation i seem to gain a signifigant power increase when i remove the baffle. does anyone sell baffles with oversize bores? anyway ill keep yall posted thx for any help u provide.wee..wee.brnot

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
from what iv'e read here in the past boost bottles and nos are a joke. expansion chamber is where it's at.

as far as sprockets people say 32 tooth is too hard to pull for most chinese motors, and 40 feels better then 36 overall.

King Sales and Service these guys make all sorts of sprockets, and then depending what type of hub you're using manic mechanic makes a handful of adapters+sprockets designed for specific hubs.

good luck.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i finally made it thru the terribly slow break in period on my rig and i got 42.4mph with a stock 44t setup on 700c tires. i cant wait to add all the goodies i can starting of course with my homemade boost and no2 kits and the first reasonably priced 32-34t sprocket i can get my hands on. if anyone knows a site where i can order a pretapped manifold and a small sprocket id love to hear about it. ill post pics when my bike is a little less ghetto. i built it from a rawmotors.com 80cc slant black kit and a diamondback roadbike frame i dug out of the trash. i currently have a 26in mountain bike tire on the front (yes thats the speedo side and i did calibrate my speedo accordingly) and i finally got brakes my kit told me to do my break in at 15k but that was barely idle speed so i did my break in at 15mph instead doesnt seem to have had a negative affect yet. also, pending some further experimentation i seem to gain a signifigant power increase when i remove the baffle. does anyone sell baffles with oversize bores? anyway ill keep yall posted thx for any help u provide.wee..wee.brnot
Welcome the forum bobdeezy, relax, kick your shoes off.....you don't need to ruin a perfectly good engine with NOS do ya?

Just a little story on mph here today (true story). I was hittin 43.5mph on a stock 49cc slow pokey 4-strokey with a 56T stock rear sprocket. I've got 40.6 hrs. on the engine so far....break-in period was 30mph for the first 20 hrs. The only mods (if ya wanna call em that) are a homemade straight-pipe and an NGK Iridium spark plug....that's it.

If ya wanna enjoy your new bike for a couple years or so, don't waste your money on NOS kits, they will kill your engine in no time. How fast do you really need to go? If you want to go faster than stock, invest in a good carb and a proper expansion chamber and you'll go plenty fast, believe me.

End of rant....spend your money wisely, ride carefully and enjoy your ride for many years to come, cheers!

dnut

bobdeezy

Mar 4, 2011
texas
aye i've built three bikes now. each one better than the last. i have left most mods alone but one thing i recommend to everyone is to lessen the vib with old tubes. i cut the tubes to size to fit between the mounting clamp and frame. it kills alot of vib but is thin enough to provide a strong mount

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I did this also and kept breaking rear mounting studs, I removed the rubber and now about 1000 miles later and never another broken stud.

I guess it works for some but not for some as well, mine seem to do much better for reliability with a good solid mount to the frame instead of a flew joint that cause the studs to be over stressed from the vibration of these engines.

to each their own, and what ever works, that is good!

Peace

aye i've built three bikes now. each one better than the last. i have left most mods alone but one thing i recommend to everyone is to lessen the vib with old tubes. i cut the tubes to size to fit between the mounting clamp and frame. it kills alot of vib but is thin enough to provide a strong mount

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
I did this also and kept breaking rear mounting studs, I removed the rubber and now about 1000 miles later and never another broken stud.

I guess it works for some but not for some as well, mine seem to do much better for reliability with a good solid mount to the frame instead of a flew joint that cause the studs to be over stressed from the vibration of these engines.

to each their own, and what ever works, that is good!

Peace
mine is holding tight so far, don't got a huge amount of time on it, but i also used really thin tubes, mine was mostly to protect the frame from the bike potentially gouging my frame where it vibrates, rather then dappen the vibrations themselves.