new member & build

GoldenMotor.com

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
Got it going after about a 20 hr build ,2 days. Instructions in kit were wrong & I found the answers in this forum. Bike is a Huffy Karoki with a 66/88 flying horse engine kit. This bike assembled is white frame black fenders & get this orange rims. Being a Harley rider, it was a must have. Riding around the n'hood everyone thinks it's so COOL. A few say it's a Home Depot bike. Why cannot suppliers furnish better installation instruction ???? Kinda simple to state that both rubber backers go inside spokes & dust cap need mods on a coaster brake. The MAIN problem is sprocket installition---why not give a few options. Kit says A couple hours if you are mechanically inclined--- BS =--- if they start you out wrong. I assure you that I own 6 old collector autos & feel my ability is way above average. Anyway 50 miles & a lot of fun late Gotta confess it is hard to get this much fun for less than 275. Enjoy the Ride

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Took me a day just to get my sprocket mounted right.
Look fwd to a pic of your motorbike with the orange wheels.

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
I'll check back with group next week. Going to Florida & taking my bike, I'm sure I'll some questions then. Also how do I post a pix, I really do do the forum thing to well. LATER

cetar

Jun 15, 2010
atl. ga
Maybe I can post a pix ? I ckd preview & think it is there. Guys, Gals ? , got some questions. The problem is bike is fine for street , but to ride on the hard packed beach in St. Augustine, I got to go slower. Bike lugs bad & I have to slip the clutch too much or go too fast & coast. Really need 10 to 12 mph with enough engine rpm that bike isn't jumpy or lugging. Posted speed limit is 10, plus I just cannot wizz by all the girls. I now have a 26" wheel & 44 sprocket. I don't think a 50 tooth will do the trick. 15 to 18 top speed is fine by me, I'm currently topping out @ 25 mph

Attachments