Notice! Crazy Horse's 110cc Lifan Stretch Cruiser Build Attempt!

GoldenMotor.com

CopperChopper

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yes. Thanks for the link.

I am using Southern Cali Custom
for my stuff but will keep them in mind should socal not have a part I need.

Can one of you tell me what the distance is between the rear dropouts on the Limo Frames?
(I am thinking about fitting an internally geared hub on the back) Suppose the dimensions are 110mm. How easy is it to pull the dropouts apart another 10mm to 120mm? (cold set)

Thanks in advance,

Copperchopper

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it seems like my micargi mustang was about 5 inches(a good 12 inches according to my wife). If you have a scissor jack, like what comes with most cars now, you have the best and easiest to operate frame spreader that I know of. I found that out when installing the heavy duty hub with freewheel and band brake a while back.

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
CopperChopper here's a complete brake down including the handlebar size.

Bike Specifications
GREENLINE MODEL: BC-113 26" STRETCH CHOPPER CRUISER  
Frame Size 12" Color Black, Matte Black with Red Rims, Chrome
Frame Hi-Ten Steel Frame Fork Dual Crown 24" Chrome Plated Chopper Fork
Headset Steel Crank One Piece Chrome Crank Arm
Front Der N/A Rear Der N/A
Shifters N/A Rim Alloy Rim, 68H
Hub Upgraded Hub Freewheel N/A
Tire 26" x 2.30" Flame Thread Cruiser Tires Brake Heavy Duty Coaster Brake
Handlebar 30.5" Wide & 19" Height Oversized Chrome Plated Ape Hanger Handle Bar
Stem Aluminum Alloy Stem

Saddle Oversized Extra Padded Cruiser Saddle
with Dual Coil Spring Suspensions & Metal Pins Post 1" (25.4mm) Chrome Plated Seat Post with Aluminum Quick Release
Pedal Oversized Cruiser Pedals w/ CPSC Reflectors Extras Black Rubber Grips with Chrome Rings, Heavy Duty Motorcycle Style Double Kick Stand in Black.

Let me know if this answer is what you wanted.

If I can find a Link to a seller, I'll post it here in an edit for you ok.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Was that photo taken in Maryland?

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Very nice bike, I don't mean to threadjack but are there any other Maryland members? I've seen one guy riding around my town with an MB and a helmet that looks like this:

or this:

I can't remember if it actually has a spike or not.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I'm sure on the inside of the helmet it states, "For Novelty Use ONLY!" I have a couple of helmets like that. I dropped one of them about 5 feet to a concrete floor and it broke in half. Kind of made me think about actually wearing one. Needless to say, I still wear one.

robertgibbs

Mar 1, 2010
oklahoma city oklahoma
!HOW! Crazy Horse is gonna try & fit a 110cc 4-Stroke Lifan on Stretch Cruiser, this is a project that I'm doing with a friend & fellow owner of a hardknock bobber, who lives up the street from me.

My partner & co-builder in this attempt swapped out his stock hardknock bobber 110cc motor for a 125cc motor, so we will be attempting to install his 110cc motor in one of my stretch cruiser's.

I must admit this is a challenge but we're willing to try it!

Will see how it goes, you never know it might just work.

Peace Crazy Horse.

P.S. picture this hardknock bobber 110cc 4-stroke motor on this stretch cruiser, will it work will never know unless we try!
Robertgibbs i purchased a 110cc engine from Ebay:
Specification

• Max. Power: 4.7/7500kW(r/min) Max.
  • Torque: 6.5/5500Nm(r/min)
  • Compression Proportion: 8.8: 1
  • Bore X Stoke: 52mm X 49.5mm
  • Min Oil Consumption: 367(g/kw. H)
  • Single-cylinder, four-stroke, air-cooled
  • Start: Electricity start
  • Gear: Auto clutch forward only
  • Ignition: CDI
  • Fuel: Unleaded
Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum

his is a short cut to my bike pic would like ideas on how to mount the 110cc because the space in the center is to small for a plate however but the top mounts wolud work if i brace the top and seat poles, open for idea's (robertgibbs)

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Specification

• Fuel: Unleaded
http://motorbicycling.com/attachmen...6-robertgibbs-new-bike-instinct-trike-002.jpg

his is a short cut to my bike pic would like ideas on how to mount the 110cc because the space in the center is to small for a plate however but the top mounts wolud work if i brace the top and seat poles, open for idea's (robertgibbs)
Robert, you could make the chinese cloned Honda CRF 50cc engine fit,

1. Remove a portion of the Seat Down Tube. Remove only center of seat down tube keeping some of down tube to make a top support for engine and lower portion of Seat Down Tube coming up to right height for skid plate mounting.

2. You could then weld in the Skid-Plate / Engine Mounting Plate. I'd make sure the engine drive sprocket is at same height as rear axle, then with proper height weld skid plate to lower portion of Seat Down Tube you will also have to have another piece of steel tube to support the rear of skid plate.

3. You will most likely have to run your pedal chain under engine, see forum member i-paints Stretch Cruiser build with same type of engine.

Link to i-paint's build: http://motorbicycling.com/f40/micargi-bronco-piranha-110cc-3-sp-22588.html

Good Luck. C.H.

Attachments

robertgibbs

Mar 1, 2010
oklahoma city oklahoma
rmfla
Robert, you could make the chinese cloned Honda CRF 50cc engine fit,

1. Remove a portion of the Seat Down Tube. Remove only center of seat down tube keeping some of down tube to make a top support for engine and lower portion of Seat Down Tube coming up to right height for skid plate mounting.

2. You could then weld in the Skid-Plate / Engine Mounting Plate. I'd make sure the engine drive sprocket is at same height as rear axle, then with proper height weld skid plate to lower portion of Seat Down Tube you will also have to have another piece of steel tube to support the rear of skid plate.

3. You will most likely have to run your pedal chain under engine, see forum member i-paints Stretch Cruiser build with same type of engine.

Good Luck. C.H.
check this out Mr. CH, you may get more than one i still dont have pic mail down yet

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Can anyone offer some insight about the Gru-Bee heavy duty dual drive wheels with the band brake aka drum brake?

This heavy duty wheel, when the rear brake is applied contracts (squeeze's the drum), instead of expanding (pushes out on drum), like most drum brake systems do when applied.

1. Have you used them?

2. How's the quality?

3. Which heavy duty wheel did you use the freewheel version for 4-strokes, or did you use the fixed sprocket heavy duty rear wheel version for 2-strokes?

4. I'd like to use these wheels since they are 26" and have the dual drive rear sprockets with band brake ( sometimes mis-referred to as drum brakes ), maybe they can be converted to rear disc brake, these I'm considering for use on my 26" Stretch Cruisers with the cloned Honda 50cc 4-stroke commonly used on ATV's, Dirtbikes, Pitbikes, and the Honda Mini Trail 50's.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

If you have used either the complete heavy duty wheel or the heavy duty axle kit, please post here where you bought it, how much did you spend?

Thanks,
Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. I have used on my Schwinn OCC Stingray Chopper & XL-Chopper builds, the left hand threaded toothless freewheel sprocket adapter, after spending $300.00 at the local machinist's shop to have 2-hubs done.

Here's a few links for Stretch Cruiser & Chopper builds using the chinese cloned honda crf type 50cc-110cc horizontal 4-stroke ATV / Dirtbike / Pitbike type engines.

What would all these Links be good for if it weren't for BarelyAWake's thread a sort of FYI Builder's thread for those who are contemplating a Stretch Cruiser or Chopper build using a chinese clone Lifan, Loncin, or even a real Honda E-22 horizontal 50cc-110cc ATV, Dirt Bike, Pit Bike style/type of 4-stroke engine, well here's the Link to that one also!

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Hey CH. I used the axle kit from bicycle-engines.com, seems like it was around $50. I got the freewheel kit. I have really enjoyed the freewheel and being able to change sprocket sizes without worrying about the sprocket being true, though the brake SUCKS!!! I guess it does help slow you down, some, but I am converting mine to a disc this winter. Absolutely the worst part on my bike is that crappy brake. I guess the quest for me is going to be finding a hydraulic line long enough to reach the rear wheel. Maybe the cable pull disc wouldn't be so bad if I can't find one.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah, I've got two of these HD wheel set-ups, one's the freewheel, the other is the fixed flange sprocket, both are on 4-strokes. Both of them are from Spooky Tooth and both have stainless steel 12G spokes. And yes, the band brake is not a powerful stopper and gets a bit squeeky when the band glazes in time.

Running the 44T fixed on my HS 4G w/11T f/w counter sprocket. Have a 56T on the freewheel hub coming from the 10T EZM tranny. They are strong hubs and axles and I highly recommend you use ss spokes. Cheers!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Thanks for the reply's Civ & Scotto.

I was talking to a forum member last nite on the phone, he said he'd like to find a rear hub that he could use to build his own dual drive heavy duty wheel.

Doe's anyone know of a supplier that sell's the 170mm rear hub that can be used on the Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper & the XL-Choppers that has the left side ( 5-hole ), setup on the hub for a disc brake or freewheeling toothless sprocket?

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Robert, what is the current status for you build. Am I correct you went back to using a chinagirl 2-stroke engine for this build?

Peace C.H.

[/B]
Specification

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
Lthe tranny is gonna add alot of tourqe better. Use some beefy rims. Let me know what kind where you got them I been thinkin bout lookin for a kx60 for a doner motor. Found a couple. Just need$$$$

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I think there is a reason he calls himself CrazyHorse ! 110cc ! sweet!
I would think about siamezeing 2 frames bottom ends for the strength .
Oh an lastly THIS BIKE IS JUST SICK !

Attachments

[email protected]

Jul 27, 2014
It'll work beautifully! It's been done. Go to youtube, My 125cc bicycle. By Dan Dawson.
Best looking and sounding motorbicycle I ever saw and heard. 60 miles an hour too.