The OfFiCIaL Low Rider Motorized Bicycle Thread

GoldenMotor.com

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
Re: The OfFiCIaL Low Rider MB Thread

Look close and you'll see mine.
I made it out of a derailer, and it's spring loaded.
it;s been working great for 3 years but everyone that sees it says that it's wrong and it should be on the bottom of the chain.
I haven't had one problem with it on the top and it does it's job.
same idea as norms, but i don't see people telling him that it's wrong.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

I've built four of these bikes so far... Every one gets a little better than the one before it. This one for some reason, the chain was hitting the top of the engine case just above the engine sprocket,(I guess I lowered it a little too much?); so I installed that idler wheel to keep it from cutting into the engine case. (it also helps to tension the chain). ;)

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY

I've never been a fan of any one particular style, especially the over-bling of low-riders, but the one thing I do love is GOOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDD.

Unfortunately I've dismantled this bike and used the seat, wheel and brake on an old Schwinn cruiser, the headlamp on my Cranbrook, and the bars and hand controls are on my Suzuki. I may reassemble this again one day but not in the foreseeable future.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I've never been a fan of any one particular style, especially the over-bling of low-riders, but the one thing I do love is GOOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDD.

Unfortunately I've dismantled this bike and used the seat, wheel and brake on an old Schwinn cruiser, the headlamp on my Cranbrook, and the bars and hand controls are on my Suzuki. I may reassemble this again one day but not in the foreseeable future.
That's ok, thanks for the pic anyway. It's nice to be able to look at the frame, and seat post. That's OCC right?

That looks like a fancy front wheel. I didn't know you could get a disk brake hub with that many spokes.

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY

It's an OCC frame that I chopped and raked out so I could put the longer forks on it. The wheel is a combination of a gold 140 front wheel laced to a chrome 140 hole freewheel hub with a disc-brake adapter. Some gold vinyl over the center of the hub hid the majority of the chrome. It would have been nice if they made a gold 140 freewheel but at the time of building this, no one did, so I was forced to do this.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Look close and you'll see mine.
I made it out of a derailer, and it's spring loaded.
it;s been working great for 3 years but everyone that sees it says that it's wrong and it should be on the bottom of the chain.
I haven't had one problem with it on the top and it does it's job.
same idea as norms, but i don't see people telling him that it's wrong.
I can understand why some people might have some concerns about a spring loaded tensioner on the top side, but not having any problems in all this time should make anyone start resting easier. I've had to test some of my own creations too, and sometimes I worry about them, but after nothing happens for hundreds of miles I forget about it. I'm sure anyone that pointed that out to you, just didn't want you to get hurt.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Not a real low rider, but she is a pedal scrapper. I call this mechanical monstrosity my Rat-Bob
No matter how you slice it, that's a very interesting looking bike. thanks for posting it. I'd say it's very deserving of being called a lowrider, and a contender.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

If you can actually ride that and the seat stay doesn't break(or the seat post), I think it's awesome.

Havent had a problem with it for 2 months so far other than i burnt out a cdi. And the tubing on this frame was surprisingly thick. as for the seat post it is the third one i made out of stainless like that so far and i have yet to have a problem with any of them yet.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas

My Drool towel is soaking wet! It's ok, I got more. We are the Best Motorized Bike Forum on the planet. Great, Wonderful work Guys! (c)

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

I am watchin this thread cuz the LLLLOWWW is coming out , an I like it !
Gary