What Clutch to look for

GoldenMotor.com

Flathead One

Feb 13, 2013
USA
I have a 47 H whizzer motor mounted in a 63'-ish Schwinn 26 inch Cruiser frame. First part I would like to find is the clutch. Just not clear on what works on the old and new Whizzers. Thanks

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
joe in tawain sells a manual clutch on ebay(around $290) that will work on that bike...just look up whizzer clutch there and he's the seller who's name begins with Che ....same part could probably be ordered from Joe through whizzerpaul on ebay...one of his sellers

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Flathead One, Welcome to the Forum.
The new edition whizzer clutch pulley is wider than the vintage clutch pulley, and the new edition pulley only comes with a 5"and 3 1/2" pulley.
where as the vintage pulley comes in a 5"and 3 1/2" or 5" and 4" size.
the clutch arms are not the same either.
can you post pics of your project.

Thanks, Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

Flathead One

Feb 13, 2013
USA
Mason_Man, Thanks for the info. Here is what I started with. Dont have current pics cause most of it is in storage.

Last edited:

Flathead One

Feb 13, 2013
USA
Mason_Man, Thanks for the info. Here is what I started with. Dont have current pics cause most of it is in storage. Here is the motor before rebuild. I have the clutch Arm, just need the Pully, Bearing, clamps etc. Would like to keep the bike an affordable project. Goal is a mix of the old and new, Re-pop and origional.

Model-H.jpg

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Mason_Man, Thanks for the info. Here is what I started with. Dont have current pics cause most of it is in storage. Here is the motor before rebuild. I have the clutch Arm, just need the Pully, Bearing, clamps etc. Would like to keep the bike an affordable project. Goal is a mix of the old and new, Re-pop and origional.

View attachment 56602
You've got a really good start there, nice head, are the valves still 3/4" valves. also you can add the electronic ignition, eliminate the points.

Ray