Need Help. Engine was goin but not now =[

GoldenMotor.com

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
hey, after i put my new expansion chamber on it, i took it for a spin, it took about 100m to start (kick over) and then it went, but 2 hours later i went to start it, started first go, then 20 mins later it just stopped, i was cruising about 40kmh and im still in break in, probs on start of 4th tank with 16:1. I have a spark and compression, and fuel goin to the engine, there are no leaks anywhere where it should be taking in extra air to make it lean. its running rich. and now it just wont start, but this cant have anything to do with the exhaust can it? im having a look at the piston tonight , im taking the top head off to see if the piston is still all there in top condition! Much Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think it has something to do with the 4 tanks of 16:1 mix. Your plug is more than likely toast, go to 40:1 and a new plug.

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
:O :O 40:1 they said any higher then 20:1 with ZBox it will seize =S i tried putting 2 other spark plugs the same and still nothing,

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If it's a chinese 66cc engine, 20:1 is too rich, even for break in! The 16:1 recommendation is the most perpetuated myth in motorbicycling and actually harmful to the engine in the long run.

What does the plug that you were running look like? Is it really oily and black? Have you tried putting the old pipe back on just to see if it runs O.K. like that?

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
mmmm the plug was black and oily, i think its just not firing! everything else is fine. i evan put the old pipe back on and still noting, its all wired up properly, we get the spark plug out and its got a spark and the engine has compression, i really don’t know why it wont start =[=[

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Definitely lower your oil to 24-32:1, 16:1 is the chinese recommendation because they use old motor oil and not the good 2-stroke oil we have around. And I'd raise your c-clip on your needle up a notch, its way to rich. A fouled plug won't spark worth crap.

gl.

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
ok, everything in the engine is fine, double checked everything, it just doesn’t Start! =[ and everyone saying its fuel but, evan if it was really rich or lean, it was still spark the fuel, but just blow a lot of smoke. My dad doesn’t reckon its the fuel but thats our last chance?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Definitely lower your oil to 24-32:1, 16:1 is the chinese recommendation because they use old motor oil and not the good 2-stroke oil we have around.
And I have been a perpetrator of this mix myth (my bad, I just used the manual).

It sure can't hurt to dump the fuel in another can and mix yourself a fresh batch and try it.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
the only thing i can think of is check the vitals. you said compression and spark is good, but check them again. also check to see if its getting gas. i would throw a new plug in it and then mess with the carb to see if gas is flowing through. if there is a mixture screw, mess with that. if not then just keep messing around with the carb itself. hope this will help you out

PR3C150N

Aug 27, 2010
NSW
thanks guys! Found problem! Wires weren’t connected properly ! my silly dad must of connected them at night :S hhaha thanks for support anyways!