totalled!

GoldenMotor.com

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
today i was riding and all of the sudden i heard a snap, looked down and my chain was off of the sprocket, the front mount was gone and my engine was hanging sideways off my bike along with my cdi cable ripped in half. I got some pretty burns from the muffler as well. Any ideas of what could have happened?

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
JMR,
Yup, happened to me several times when I was riding that tank steel cruiser. My motor makes good power, I'd say much better than stock, I'm 220lbs, going up a hill, BAMM sam thing, broken mounts and studs etc... Good thing it pulled the spark plug wire off or it would have been much worse. The problem, at least for me was the extended front mount needed to mount the engine, the "U" shaped front mount was not on the frame, only the studs held the torsional load in the front. Switched bikes to one the motor fit well on both tubes, very nice. Less vibes, the bike is a suspension MTN bike, Thick wall aluminum, 200 miles on it and not a bolt loosened. Don't forget the blue loc-tight, anything loose will fall out. At least for me, those 2 6mm studs in front, even good aftermarket studs, broke. Just not strong enough. Hope that helps... you are not alone!

Mac