Who says you can't get registered in Alabama?

GoldenMotor.com

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Alright, you guys know I got pulled over by the po-po a short while back. Ever since, I have been calling offices asking how to get a tag and at the same time looking for junk scooters or motorcycles with titles so I could remove the VIN and place it on my bike. Today, I had enough of looking for junk with a title, because there ain't much of it. So, I stopped in at my local DMV office and VERY politely explained what happened and what I needed. The lady was so nice and understanding as she was laughing at me getting pulled over on a bicycle. She said that she could do it, but we needed some numbers to put in the system. I replied, "What about a title?" She answered that anything made before 1974 did not require a title. I wanted to hug this woman. I got home as quick as I could and wrote down the serial number from the engine and the make and model of my bicycle and carred the info back. The end result is a tag for $17 to a 1972 Micargi Bike. She made the make be a bike so there wouldn't be any confusion over it being a mustang. I just fell in love with another woman! She saved me a lot of headache and money. I was prepared to spend about $500 on a piece of junk that I didn't need anyway, and transferring VIN's is probably not the best thing to do, but I was determined to get a freakin' tag. I love this too much to have somebody tell me I can't do it. Anyway, for all you peeps in the "Sweet Home", I hope this helps you get what you need.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Congrats!

Civlized, One you are an inspiration for the motor assisted bicycling community, Two for your Indomitable Spirit, Three for your awe inspiring Stretch Cruiser Build!!!

I could go on this is just awesome, thanks for sharing your experience, knowledge, and skills!

I guess this is what it means to be "Civlized".

This lil story makes me think of our friend, whom we call Civlized,

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this, it will help you some sunny day

Take your time,don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
Go find a woman and you'll find love
And don't forget son, there is someone up above

And be a simple kind of man
Be something you love and understand
Baby, be a simple kind of man
Won't you do this for me son
If you can

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul
And you can do this if you try
All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied

If you can

Boy, don't you worry, you'll find yourself
Follow you heart and nothing else
And you can do this if you try
All I want for you my son
Is to be satisfied

If you can

Civlized, I hope you like this story written by Singer-Songwritter:

Ronald Wayne Van Zant ( Ronnie Van Zant )
Born January 15, 1948(1948-01-15)
Jacksonville, Florida,
United States
Died October 20, 1977 (aged 29)
Gillsburg, Mississippi,
United States

Peace Bro Crazy Horse.

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Alright, you guys know I got pulled over by the po-po a short while back. Ever since, I have been calling offices asking how to get a tag and at the same time looking for junk scooters or motorcycles with titles so I could remove the VIN and place it on my bike. Today, I had enough of looking for junk with a title, because there ain't much of it. So, I stopped in at my local DMV office and VERY politely explained what happened and what I needed. The lady was so nice and understanding as she was laughing at me getting pulled over on a bicycle. She said that she could do it, but we needed some numbers to put in the system. I replied, "What about a title?" She answered that anything made before 1974 did not require a title. I wanted to hug this woman. I got home as quick as I could and wrote down the serial number from the engine and the make and model of my bicycle and carred the info back. The end result is a tag for $17 to a 1972 Micargi Bike. She made the make be a bike so there wouldn't be any confusion over it being a mustang. I just fell in love with another woman! She saved me a lot of headache and money. I was prepared to spend about $500 on a piece of junk that I didn't need anyway, and transferring VIN's is probably not the best thing to do, but I was determined to get a freakin' tag. I love this too much to have somebody tell me I can't do it. Anyway, for all you peeps in the "Sweet Home", I hope this helps you get what you need.
well we don't need nothing here in New Hampshire they are bikes with a assist motor no LIC NO Reg !!!! whahooooooooooo!dance1

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
well we don't need nothing here in New Hampshire they are bikes with a assist motor no LIC NO Reg !!!! whahooooooooooo!dance1
I wish the Bam was like that. I have been riding for several years and never had a problem on a normal bicycle. I didn't even have a problem on my stretch with the normal kit engine. I have ridden it several times since I re-vamped it with the bigger engine and saddle bags and not had any problems. I just happened to cross a major highway in front of the wrong cop, I guess. Anyway, he was nice about it and didn't give me a ticket, just a friendly heads up and made me late for work. The same day I got stopped on the way to work, I had another cop get behind me on the way home. I pulled over at a gas station to get out from in front of him. He pulled into the gas station behind me and asked all about it, looking like a kid in a candy store. He never said one word about a tag. Just different cops! They can all KMA, now, I'm legal. And everyone I talked to on the phone said you couldn't get a tag for a bicycle.