Slight spark

GoldenMotor.com

sunshine

May 27, 2010
CA
I just purchased one of these and can not seem to get it running. The WHITE Wire was attached to the frame and I tried to pedal and drop the clutch. She sounded like she was bogging out but not running. I cut the coil wire at both ends and rescrewed them on. Read the forums and disconnected the Kill switch and soldered the blue wires together and did the same for the black. CUT and insulated the white wire. I did have a wet plug and did notice some Black oily fuel leaking out of the exhaust. The spark is very weak almost intermitant. Did I ruin the magnito when the white wire was connected to the frame?

marsIchiban

Jun 30, 2010
New Orleans / Amazonas, VZ
Peace and Much Love:

Forgive me for making my introduction, here; my story is identicle to Sunshine - checked the white wire as "Lord Vader" previously replied (in an other thread, this forum; on-line)

No spark, re-gapped; installed a volt meter between the magnetic primary coil and there exists ZERO indication of Life!

Question: what amount of Voltage (E) may I be expecting, here, and at what Amperage (I)?

I am considering an alternative method for starting induction at the secondary coil - possibly by-passing the magneto altogether and relying on a battery pack with an in-line switch (anti-theft device).

On the other hand, maybe I am missing something, Good Sir?

May the Force be with you; nxt orbt, there it IS!

marsI