So let me get this straight...

GoldenMotor.com

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
the current temp ISSSSSS 50 degrees F

EDIT: btw how much fuel is supposed to flow into the carb when i have the valve open? Because maybe my engine isn't getting enough fuel? I mean it comes out pretty smooth, not gushing but not dribbling. I swear it's got to be my carb... :/

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If the fuel is flowing a steady stream...its enough, believe me. These little engines only require a very very small amount of fuel. Look at the milage they're capable of. It is a common misconception that you need a gusher from the tank to run the engine. It shouldn't drip; that can be an indication of a non venting tank but a steady flow no matter the size is sufficient.
We've established that you have fuel, fire and air. Your engine should start. Here is a suggestion: Pick up a can of quick start fluid (ether) Available at most auto parts stores in aerosol cans. Spray just a squirt into the air cleaner and try to start it again. I'm thinking you might just have a cold natured engine, I have one, that in cooler temperatures requires a little extra boost to start. Get back to us, Nerp. We're going to get that thing running or else...
Tom

Last edited:

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
ok two things :)
One: How did we establish i have air again? I might have to check that one more time....
Two: You are talking to a very frustrated and sad little noob so I don't know what the "air cleaner" is :D

EDIT: Do you think my engine's "flooded" by now?.....

Last edited:

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
OMG IT STARTED!!@!! it dies when i pull in the clutch lever to idle.... any way around this?!? HELP!!@! I hate it dying without me pushing the kill switch.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
:) Nerp, Congratulations. We were all pulling for you, sir. Enjoy, ride careful and have fun. We're always here if you need more help.
Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
This thread was awesome to watch!

Not the suffering of Nerp ofc - but the efforts of all, together trying to remotely diagnose a first build to help a newb get ridin'!

Call me a sentimentalist but the the following gave me the biggest grin;

I did :) Wow.. I"M FINALLY RIDING!@#@!!@!
You go NerpAngel! Post bike pics when ya get a chance :D

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
I seriously just want to thank you all :) haha. Like i mentioned, i've had this kit for about a week and 3 days and only just yesterday did I see it take it's first breath. I'm so excited!@
Off to ride and have fun :) I'll post pics as soon as i ride today!!!
Check back in for them.

EDIT: Mind you my bike isn't the best build and looks like a noob got a hold of it :D haha but it still WORKS!

Last edited: