Crankshaft seems to have a hard time turning

GoldenMotor.com

phaedrus06

Sep 26, 2009
York, PA
I just finish assembling my bike and everything is good to go but I can't get it to start because when I try to pedal it is as if the chain gears get stuck. The reason why I said crankshaft, although I hope to god it isn't, is because I can hear the air entering and exiting the pistons but almost like they are gasping for deep breaths.

Everytime I pedal I have to use an enormous amount of force to get the chain to go about half an inch, much more than what I should with the clutch engaged. I'm thinking maybe I just need to loosen the drive chain gear where the clutch and accuator are but I am not really sure how to do this as this is my first gas bike build. I have an idea that it may have something to do with the nut that is over the drive pin but am not sure. Any help appreciated, and hello to all on the forums!

:-||

phaedrus06

Sep 26, 2009
York, PA
By the way I am checking out the two-stroke engine repair guide so if anyone knows if the fix is in there (or where it is) that would help too. Thx.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You're pedaling up to speed and then letting out the clutch not trying to start it by pedaling with the clutch disengaged from a stop right?

phaedrus06

Sep 26, 2009
York, PA
The bike does not roll with or without the clutch engaged like something is too tight, and I am trying to pedal it with the clutch engaged but it is still extremely hard to pedal and only moves about an inch at a time. Is there a way to loosen the chain gear drive (the gear behind the accuator plate)?

Here is another person who had a similar problem but did not have an exact answer:

Originally Posted by adamg4119 View Post
i need help on how to assemble the clutch on an 80cc RAW motor. i have the clutch so that it is parrallel with the bike and then when i pull the lever at the handlebar, it goes about 45degrees perpindicular with the bike. the back wheel wont spin by its self at all, it just sounds like the piston inside is moving when i force it. i hope that is clear.

Maybe I need to adjust the clutch or something but it seems to happen with or without the clutch plate like the chain drive gear is having a hard time turning. Thanks.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
The bike does not roll with or without the clutch engaged like something is too tight, and I am trying to pedal it with the clutch engaged but it is still extremely hard to pedal and only moves about an inch at a time. Is there a way to loosen the chain gear drive (the gear behind the accuator plate)?

Here is another person who had a similar problem but did not have an exact answer:

Originally Posted by adamg4119 View Post
i need help on how to assemble the clutch on an 80cc RAW motor. i have the clutch so that it is parrallel with the bike and then when i pull the lever at the handlebar, it goes about 45degrees perpindicular with the bike. the back wheel wont spin by its self at all, it just sounds like the piston inside is moving when i force it. i hope that is clear.

Maybe I need to adjust the clutch or something but it seems to happen with or without the clutch plate like the chain drive gear is having a hard time turning. Thanks.

When my motor was new it wouldnt roll to freely and the clutch gear that your talking about was alot tighter then than it is now. I think your is really really tight as you said the clutch arm moves in the right way maybe you should seak warranty it could be defective.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you have the clutch lever pulled in and your bike won't move like the rear wheel is locked up?
Is your chain for the engine adjusted not too tight or loose? you need about 1/2" play on the top run of the chain. You might have the chain bunching up on the front sprocket this will allow the chain to
hang up on the engine case if so you will need to remove the front sprocket and using a dremel
grinding wheel remove material that is causing the chain to hang up. You should see marks on the case where the chain is hitting.
For adjusting the clutch go to my posts norms 2 stroke stuff below the high performance posts look through my boring sticky posts( with photos) you should get a better idea of how to work on your bike.