Shop Light

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I got sick of hitting my shop light to get it to turn on and the flickering and all that other stuff you get with fluorescent lights so i broke down and bought a led one. 4,000 lumens. I figured if it wasn't worth the xtra money I would take it back. Anyway they are amazing, if you ever decide to get a new shop light look at the leds. no warm up and a nice bright light to work on things

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Im jealous, my fluorescents don't do well and I have 5 overhead in the area near the bench. I may look at those things soon.

will michaud

Feb 29, 2012
colfax ca /northern calif
hi guys
another thing that happens with florescents they run on 60 cycle/hertz and that causes a dark spot on lathes ,wood or metal it is the same effect as a speed disc on the record player, you will see that dark spot
Will

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I recently changed out nearly 200 four foot fluorescents with LEDs.

(One reason I got the job is that I was the only one who could reach the fixtures without a step ladder. But I did hear co-workers muttering about 'tall people'. :) )

But.......anyway...... Yes! The light is definitely superior.

We've also been transition from CFLs to LEDs on desk and table lamps. The model is the GE Bright Stik. It's not quite as good as a really good incandescent bulb. But it's definitely better than any CFL. I was impressed enough that I got on Amazon and found some for my home. That particular transition isn't complete yet. But it's happening.

I don't hate CFLs as much as many people do. I'm kinda grateful to them. And the light they give was starting to improve a bit at least. The later ones didn't seem to be as 'cold' and blue-ish as earlier ones.

But the LED is a big improvement. Sayonara to the CFL.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
YA KOOL! i got some 4' shop leds from Costco AWESOME. No warm up and much brighter, also got there conversion for can lights in my kitchen. No more mercury worries either......Curt