Iphone and Android Ap New for Motorized Bicycle Forum

GoldenMotor.com

StealthInspired

Mar 13, 2012
UK
Re: Iphone/Android?blackberry?

Some other Forums i use have added "Tapatalk" support.

So on your smart phone it pops up a message saying something like "this forum is tapatalk optimised - do you want to download it?" then you have a little App on your phone that makes browsing and using the forum just alot easier, more efficient to navigate / view / post etc. :)

Browsing this forum on my Android phone, it doesnt appear to give you this option....

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
iphone, andriod, ipad ap

we installed forum runner on the site for those of you that have smart phones and tablests. it seemed to be the fastest and best one i could find. they have a free version which is read only or you can get the $1.99 version which is what i got. with the paid version you can post pictures and do everything else. seems to work well so far. let us know what you think. we do not make anything on the ap and it was added because we have had so many requests

Forum Runner iPhone Client
search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone,

Forum Runner Android Client
search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
That's the one that I have. I have not used it alot but so far so good. Sure is nice to be able to use the phone to check the threads. I have been away for awhile because of not having Internet. Except on my phone. :)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: iphone, andriod, ipad ap

i like the phone ap so far joe. its fast as heck and can post pictures direct from my phone and my phone is my camera. still lots to learn on it but fun to play with. glad you are enjoying it. :) was worth all the headaches getting it installed on forum. they said 5 minutes to install and took me about 12 hours to get everything installed and it working properly. just like a motorized bicycle kit lol

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Re: iphone, andriod, ipad ap

has anyone tried with an android yet? if so how did it work
Ya know, I've never actually needed the forum runner on my LG Optimus Slider. And it's a droid. I use it to log on here quite often. I could see how some things might be a teeny bit easier or quicker, so I may get it at some point. I confess: I'm a bit of a skinflint, even when it comes to smart phones (took me a while to get one too) and the LG didn't cost much. Doggone thing does everything my [dinosaur of a] desktop does at home, and way, way more. And it has a decent-sized screen too, which may be why I haven't felt I needed the forum runner (yet).

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

lol i am the same way allen. i know how to use the regular program and not a fast learner and the ap is different. however after trying the app and getting used to it (a little) i love it. they have a free version which is read only and you can see the difference with that. thing i like the most is the forum loads in seconds and i can post pictures from the phone. i couldnt do that before. also its a lot easier to read then loading the web page (dont have to zoom all the time). it is a nice feature for those that want to use it. so far i been getting lots of positive feedback

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

if it works why change. iphone worked for me but i like the ap alot better. as i had said my phone is my camera and its nice not having to download the pictures to my computer to post them

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Just found out that the ap also has spell check or uses the one built in the iPad. I like the ap more and more each time I use it :)

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN

Yes it is I've used Blackberry and Android phones on here. By the way you can buy cellphone holders and charging systems for your bike.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

i have seen holders on ebay for bike. great if using gps feature with speed

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
looks like a lot of people are using the ap. since installed we have had 1,500 visits on iphone and ipad and 434 visits on andriods. no complaints yet so must be working good.

offroad

Dec 31, 2008
Connecticut
the FORUM RUNNER app is $2 on the apple store. There seems to be no free version of FORUM RUNNER for the iphone. is this true?

Also using an app called TAPATALK for other forums. guess that I can not use this app for MOTORBICYCLING?