Engine Locks When Clutch Lever Is Released

GoldenMotor.com

LBurdick43

Aug 10, 2016
Pennsylvania
I got the piston to move a bit, but it only moves when it's in the up position. As soon as it goes back down, something makes it grind to a halt. I also noticed a dent on the bottom, maybe it was dropped and damaged then?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
on stuck rings in general:
perhaps it's the transfer port then, but I've seen them stick them like that - had to take out studs to turn barrel to get it off, so not sure where they were stuck

on current motor:
if it were dropped, you should try for a refund before taking more apart - a damaged case, might be unrepairable

Last edited:

LBurdick43

Aug 10, 2016
Pennsylvania
I bought it from BHTEC-Motor on Amazon, at the moment I'm trying to see if I can exchange the engine because there isn't anything else I can do, unfortunately.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Luckily they're replacing it. If anything they have great customer service.
most important part of purchase - the way these are assembled and handled during shipping, I've see really weird stuff arrive

got one once with whole top end on backwards with intake at the front

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Ive seen a brand new engine with the cylinder mounted backwards, and another brand new engine with 2 base gaskets under the cylinder!

With quality control like that, it makes me wonder about internals, and tolerances!

Good to hear that the seller is accepting a exchange, and hope it all gets sorted out!

LBurdick43

Aug 10, 2016
Pennsylvania
They're actually letting me keep it! Great for spare parts, at least for what functions. I do plan on figuring out exactly what was wrong though. Who knows, maybe it's fixable, and then I'll have two.