Dark Horse

GoldenMotor.com

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
My Uncle gave me a new project yesterday. I've been looking for another Schwinn OCC since I finished the last one. This one needed some air, but that's about it. Rolls and stops nicely. Debating whether I'm going the kit or DIY route with it, but it's going to be fun either way. Fitting return for the kid, I'd say. Here's what I'm looking at:

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Cool, keep us updated on which way you go. I built one occ years ago and after that everybody wanted one. I did so many I got sick of them lol

Then all of sudden nobody wanted them and I had two that took me forever to get rid of.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Lots of potential there. Keep us informed with what you decide to do with that chopper.
Maybe a mini-version of Captain America? Or maybe the 'Billy Bike'? :)

Tom

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
I know one thing for sure: It's going to be black. May even keep the old school flame decals. It suits me.
After sleeping on it for a few days, this one is worth the trouble of a kit and the proper motor mount. Having already done it once, this one should go like clockwork. I'm also considering one of the prefabricated motor mounts from pedalchopper. Now sure which one yet, but I imagine either would be an improvement over the homemade example for the last OCC build. That design was fairly sound, but I'd rather not trust the stock motor mount clamps on the engine. This should handle two potential issues simultaneously: 1.) Fragile mounting clamps in the kit that attach to the frame; which I won't need anymore. 2.) Movement of the engine in the frame.
If I'm patient with the process, I could have a new number one. Now, to put aside the funds.