Warrior

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Starting Another Build so I am getting a stock pile of parts for this 1935 Rollfast, most parts are in but still waiting on some major performance parts and some Bling, the 3rd. pic is a 49cc engine the previous owner fitted and the new engine will be a stage lll Dax F-80.

Right now I am trying to pick out a color ??

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I love the headlight and mount. :)

As far as color? What pleases you will be the best choice.
Keep us informed on the progress. I'm sure Bairdco will chime in. He's a Rollfast fan. A skip-tooth sprocket? Cool!

Tom

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I didn't get the head light, just what you see in pic's #3&4 The problem with the color is I like all of them. DOH!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I bought a Fred Head 6.5cc another head 6.0cc that is similar in design got them both last week and I am waiting at this very moment for the Dax Stage lll engine ( USPS very slow! ) tracking says out for delivery today, the engine will get some High Performance Mods and I'll get another one of these expansion chambers and cut the muffler off then add an angled tip since it worked so well on the Redskin.

Attachments

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I really like these vintage Rollfast bikes. The double top bar is a perfect candidate for a long cylindrical fuel tank like a teen Indian motorcycle. The cross bar on the handlebars is just too cool, and that headlight is killer too. The fork and the seat just makes everything even better. I think she looks great just the way she is...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The warrior is going to get the BTR treatment more on the side of a Harley theme but yet at the same time purely Rollfast I am leaning towards the darker green in color the bike will get the true BTR treatment nothing radical new wave.

I didn't purchase all that is on the bike in the pictures above that's the way the previous owner had it.

Got the Dax Engine and everything looks good but! no Allen bolts as specified in the order no problem I 'll just get S.S Allen bolts

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Got my engine from Dax and let me tell ya I am sorely disappointed!

The cylinder isn't port matched just de-burred.

The piston was not skirted it was notched leaning toward the right side of
the intake port nor was it ramped on the top of the piston for exchange and exhaust ports.

The exchange ports were not opened to match where they meet lower end case again just poorly de-burred.

The boss's inside the piston are spread so far apart there is almost a 1/4" on either side of the con rod when dead center and the wrist pin needle bearing slides L or R until either end sits dead in the middle of the upper con rod, in theory once the piston is in the cylinder everything should line up and centrifugal force should keep everything lined up but Not! with a 1/4" these engines Vibrate no matter how balanced everything is even a minimal amount of vibration will drive the wrist pin to either side.

I was supposed to get grade 8 Allen bolts through out the engine I got two on the upper case the rest are those cheap Philips Head screws.

The head was torqued down so tight on one bolt that it cut the head gasket.

I have read a lot of revues about the Dax engines and how good they are so I bought a Stage lll mainly because I didn't want to do the work this time round.

So now I am spending more money to get another engine and I will do the necessary work.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are more pic's, the black line is an outline of the intake port I don't get to radical with skirting but at least I would skirt half the height and the complete horizontal distance with a ramped edges, I ramp the top of the piston pretty similar to the way Fred does it.

Oh! and the exhaust anchor bolt is bent and stuck as well as 2 of the head bolts.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I want a little Harley touch but Still keeping it a True Rollfast the color is actually a little greener and darker on the color swatch Prismatic Powders sent.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Today I ported another Cylinder that came off a PK 80 as well as ramped and skirted a piston then paint the Cylinder with VHT High Heat and Chemical Resistant engine Paint.
I should be getting my New PK 80 engine from Neil Senior shortly.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well I received my engine from Neil Senior yesterday and I am like'n it! so if any one wants a straight engine get with Neil.

Here are a couple pic's of the ports No Major porting to be done just clean up a little Flashing and edge the fins.

Attachments

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
g'day there truckd,
i too building a new 2stroke china girl boardtrack look bike i using a 51 model panther straightbar frame once again just love the look but this time around i looking to give it a vintage harley touch myself i thought i would let you in on my new look fork ,i call it the re-pop of the peashooter springer and will give the bike a new and very interesting look at the same time so here it is

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey Hsvmick
Good Lord Those Are Beautiful Forks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you make those ?
I have been in a fork dilemma myself, can't seem to find an original set and the 26" Wald replacement forks I bought off eBay were for a ten speed, a buddy (FlyingMachine) sent a set but with a 7" steer tube and another set was for a 24" bike UUURRRGG!!! so the guy off eBay is supposed to send the correct set but I have to send the other set back before he ships the correct set TIME!! TIME!!

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
hey beautiful they are and the fork i was after i knew i had a image but to come across someone to make them i thought would be hard
then one day i goggled boardtrack racer in australia and a photocopy btr bicycle popped out here in australia with the pea shooter look of a early harley and to my surprise a guy called Garry johnny chopper had built bmx frame's and part's with detail and race frame's for many racers when bmx racing was the thing in the 80's i believe he sold up shop in the late 90's .he alway's wanted to build a bicycle with a boardtrack theme and this was a phototype i saw so when i contacted him he was very keen to FAB the fork i was wanting and man i going to powder coat them but to see the work raw look's great and to have a set like this to suit the panther is blessing to me ,he told me only yesterday he making himself a set for his bike as he thought he has to have too.
i was going to build a 4stroke bike but needed to re-fine a schwinn panther before a big 4 if you saw my last panther build anyway truckd good start to your bike and will be tuning in good luck and its amazing how little thing's from head tube length s make a pain i have a 41 mead ranger with the steer at 5inch and the panther a 51 being a little more then 5inch1/4 or so and with the rangers middle bar thicker then the panthers so i couldnt fit the in built tank in the 41 so that was sad to ship a mead ranger and waste 700.00 dollars but anyway i will start a thread soon and explain why i needed to refine another panther

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I have a little more patients with this one , it's a 1917 Hawthorne Deluxe Flyer built during WWl and also during the Great American Labor Strike. pic of the red and yellow is my bike and how it came but I like the Green theme on the bike someone painted it a crappy tool box something?

Attachments