Hercules Trike rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
My Hercules tricycle doing duty as an old fogey kart has been a major success. People driving by give me the thumbs up and call out, 'I love your trike!' And it seems everyone in town seems to want to know where I got it from and where can they buy one like it.

I'm presently looking at army surplus ammo cases to use as a battery box, but can't decided if I have 50cal batteries or 30cal batteries as the 50cal case might be difficult to find room for and the 30cal case will fit nicely, but may be too small.

I had to take my cat to the vet this morning on my tricycle as he's very sick. Emergency chocolate was needed as I love the silly old moggy and don't want him to be promoted to glory just yet.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Be thankful, over here we have a government that thinks killing people is a good thing.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
This is just a thought, I have a metal case for a Bosch battery drill. The drill is actually now a cheap thing, but the box is good. What about keeping an eye out for that sort of thing? Does the box have to be metal at all?

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Being an old fashioned sort of girl I don't like using plastic on my bikes or trikes. I'll most probably go with the 30cal ammo case simply because it will be easier to fit in place. Steel is real and doesn't UV degrade.

Yesterday while out on my tricycle I was caught in a nasty rain squall and discovered that the windscreen I fitted to my tricycle is not there to look pretty, but works just fine.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
What local industry or trades are there near you? Sometimes you can run across the most useful items by accident, and they'll have been in use for years right next door to you.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
For the life of me I cannot believe bicycle fenders aren't made of plastic by now. It isn't like they give you good ones and plastic wouldn't work. They're not welded on ...I just always wondered.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
In these soggy islands of ours, mudguards, a good solid word, were almost obligatory until the idiot fashion of mountain bikes took over, and for the very good reason that a decent pair kept a substantial volume of spray away from the rider.

My slowly maturing Raleigh has this style fitted.

It's from this page: http://www.oldbike.eu/wordpress/?page_id=2353. Can't think who would appreciate it.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011