what is the best softest seat?

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Have A Seat Called "the Sofa" (gel With Large Center Vent 11.5 " X 12.5") It Is The Biggest I Could Find, Other Than Tricycle Seat. I Do Not Know How It Campares To The Other Seats Mentioned. They May Compare It For You. Roncvlt1

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
depends on your preference but personally the big seats make my butt sore after long rides...

i prefer a firn narrow seat to a saddle type

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Yes, I Have Been Thinking About Using A Trike Seat. Was Looking At The Harley Seat A Member Has On His Bike. Seen It Today On A New Post. The Harley Solo Seats Are Comfy, But It Looks Expensive. He Loves It. Ron

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
for ultimate comfort, you can't beat a Brooks leather saddle, once it's broken in. they're pricey, but worth it. i've got one on my bike, and it's amazing. i've got the B66S.

for cheap comfort, i have a few of these on other bikes: Pyramid Cruiser Saddle With Springs Black | BikepartsUSA.

well built, under 20 bucks, and probably the most comfortable cruiser seat i've found. i rate it right below my Brooks. it's a big fat cruiser seat, where my brooks is shorter and narrower.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Yes, I Have Been Thinking About Using A Trike Seat. Was Looking At The Harley Seat A Member Has On His Bike. Seen It Today On A New Post. The Harley Solo Seats Are Comfy, But It Looks Expensive. He Loves It. Ron
Many moons past I had a 1948 HD chopper with a solo seat and it was somewhat confoftable. At highwat speeds on marginal roads about every 100 miles I had to get off it for awhile.
Elmo

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have worksman seats on my two Americans and they are wide and comfortable, however I recently rebuilt a 1939 Elgin spring seat and added a gel seat cover under the new elk hide leather. This is even better than the worksman seats. If you rebuild or recover a seat, consider a nice gel seat cover either just as a cover or under the covering. Mine is Bell and was thickest I could find at Wallyworld.
SB