Oh no! Hip Dysplasia?

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My baby Miyla just turned 8 months old.

For the past couple months I've noticed that with my hands on her back hips I can feel a clicking, popping coming from what I assume is her hips. Sometimes I can hear it like someone has popped their knuckles.

I'm really worried and freaked out its a sign of hip dysplasia. She shows no sign of pain and runs and jumps normal.

Until I get some x-rays I won't know for sure. I'm just worried and stressed and kinda hoping its nothing.

I've had dogs with bad joints, but I've never had a puppy or dog that pops and clicks whenever it moves or walks. Then i was told hip dysplasia may show up as early as seven months. And thats about the time i noticed it.

I hope this is not a sign of bad things to come.

I want to be able to do this drn2 for many years

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dave hopefully the vet will not find anything, I know how it is to have a pet that has problems. Our lab has a thyroid problem and Addison's disease, we have to give her one med twice a day and another once ever other day then a shot at the vet every five weeks. We spent $2000 on her last year. To look at her you can't tell any things wrong.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thank you Joe..

I feel for you Greg. That sux about your Lab it must be difficult at times. Beautiful dog I'm sure he has lots of love to give.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dave,
Having gone through what I just did my heart breaks thinking that she might have a problem. You have my full understanding of how much it hurts to see a puppy dog suffer in any way. A good vet can offer some drugs that will help.

Greg,
I had a Golden Retriever that lived to 13 with the same conditions your lab has. Daily meds, and lots of love kept him happy and comfortable. Good luck my friend.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Thanks guys, Honey is her name. If my wife didn't work at the vet we couldn't afford to do all that needs to be done. She is (was) a gift to our son from his now in laws in February 2008, when he and D got married and moved into the city he didn't take Honey with him. Its a good thing because young people have enough to pay for starting out without a sick pet.

P.S. There is no such thing as a free puppy!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Dave, They have an amazing ability to heal when they are young. I hope she is still hopping over 5 foot fences when she is a teenager.