kill switch

GoldenMotor.com

tecker

May 31, 2008
question engine wires black and blue magneto black and blue hook up black to black blue to blue question is kill switch has yellow and black so where do they go?????????????????????????kit from boy go fast

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Your supposed to wire the kill switch into the blue & black wires to the CDI...
Not according to the instructions from Grubee that came with my kit. I dont think it really matters which wire is used, looking thru the older threads, the only reason I see not to use the white wire is if you are going to be running a light using the white wire. Some say using the kill switch and grounding the magneto is not good for it, and that you should use a switch, and break the circuit on the blue wire between the engine and CDI. I have mine setup as posted and have had no problems in 8 months and over 1000 miles.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I hooked my kill switch up blue to yellow and black to black. Not long after, the magneto went bad. I cut the wires for the stock kill switch out completely and now use an on/off switch wired in line with the blue wires between magneto and cdi.
Works great and also serves as theft prevention. If the switch is in the off position the motor cannot be started.

Last edited:

countryboy1958

Oct 10, 2008
New York State
I've done 2 OCC Chopper bicycles and I hooked mine up as
where blue meets i hooked in my yellow from kill.
Then i hooked my black from kill to motor frame mount.
Both working great

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Most if not all small engines "kill" power by grounding the mag. so I've never understood that thing about burning out the mag by using the white wire to kill the engine. i hooked kill switch to white wire and grounded the other kill switch wire right under the switch itself with a two inch wire. No need to worry about what wire you use from the switch.

tecker

May 31, 2008
I tried black,black,black and blue,blue,yellow,and pedaled myself almost to a heart attack, came in unhooked it comletely, pedaled started on first try, then rode it about a mile or so came in to get warm then did it again just to make sure it would start and such, no problems then when I was checking everything out I noticed that the mag wire had came off it must have came off when I was getting off (lol,sorry)of it it looked like a wood screw sticking out inside the hole so I just pushed it back in I havent tried it since as it was getting dark is this normal does this wire come off like that ...later tecker oh by the way I bought it from boy go fast back in june or so and I'm just know putting it on I LOVE it I'm a big guy and it did great I had to pedal going up a steep hill but that was no problem I havent tried it from a dead start yet I'm going to have fun on my new toy yeah :ride:

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
The plug wire does connect inside the CDI on a screw looking connection. Just SCREW the wire in and it will be ok, although you might want to cut off a 1/4" of the plug wire to be sure you are getting a good connection inside the wire. Enjoy................

tecker

May 31, 2008
what happens when you do it like spooky tooth with the white wire for lights ????can you still run lights like that

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Tecker; From what you decribe, it sounds like the wire you mention is your sparkplug wire.if I am correct, you should twist your wire onto that screw as you push the wire into the hole.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
The kill switch is a normally open momentary switch. Which means that it is only closed when you push it. If you use it to short the two wires to the CDI it doesn't matter which ones you hook it up to. Same if you use it to ground the white wire to the frame, the colors don't matter. Tecker: It sounds like you had a bad switch. How could that happen with these fine Chinese engines!?!? :rolleyes: