new guy from australia.

GoldenMotor.com

21maclaid

Apr 30, 2012
Australia
G'day my name is Aidan im from NSW Australia and im keen to get into motorised bicycling. i have been tinkering and building machines ever since i can remember and i have even built an electric toyota hilux (was not an enjoyable experience) and because of that build i have decided i want to stay away from the electric kits most commonly used in australia, i am looking for a cheap 2-stroke kit with shipping to australia, or if i cant find anything cheaper i might buy a kit from rocksolid. i am moving to canberra next year for uni and i think that this will be a cheaper form of transport than my ford fairlane but i cant find any info on the legality or how act views motorised bikes so any info regardint these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Aidan .xx.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum aidan.

You have a lot of fellow Australians here who can help out with answers as far a s kit availability and legality.

Take some timer an have a look around, lots of good folks and info here.

Uncle Salty

May 2, 2012
Central Mich
Welcome Aidan, you're right about the economics of this mode of transport these things pay for themselves in short order, I'm sure your answers are within this forum,you just have to dig them out-- Uncle Salty