i have no idea what to do

GoldenMotor.com

jowkwondo

Aug 31, 2010
united states
so i hooked up the sprocket and chain like was noted in the instructions but i can pedal with the two chains. the wheel locks up because of the two chains.... what am i missing here? how do i fix this? thanks for help

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Are you pulling in the clutch lever on your handle bars before peddling? the clutch has to be disengaged before you can peddle the bike and then after you achieve 4-5 mph you release the clutch lever and continue peddling and this is what will cause the rear wheel to turn the sprocket that is connected to the engine by the drive chain which if all is right will start your engine, if you are pulling the clutch lever in and it is not releasing the clutch you either need to check and make sure that your clutch cable is adjusted correctly so it actually pulls the release arm far enough to disengage it or your clutch pucks are stuck to the clutch pressure plate which is also an easy fix if that is the case, check all the adjustments first and make sure you are releasing the clutch before peddling and if the clutch is stuck ring back in here and either myself or one of the other guys will walk you through getting it unstuck.

jowkwondo

Aug 31, 2010
united states
i think i need to install the clutch cable first... i dont have that set up yet because the instructions i have were pretty bad so im looking around for instructions.

im really new to this so yeah lol thats why i don't understand a lot. lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thats alright we have all been there before,youwill learn a lot as you go with this new project, just take your time and think everything through before you do anything, it is always better to ask than to give it a shot in the dark and cause an avoidable problem that will cost you time and $'s, theres many great giys on here that can give you all the how to instructions you will need, but remember to search the forum and most of the time you will find the info. you need right here, I'm sure you will never run into a problem or have a question that cant be answered in this great place by people who want you to get it right and will help you get it done.

So, get the clutch lever mounted on the handle bars and then run your cable and get it attached properly going through the cable retaning assembly that is under the carb. then slide the twisted steel cable itself through the hole in the the clutch operating arm and then rotate the arm in toward the cable and install the brass cable stop by putting the cable through the hole that is in it and then have everything in a position to where there is not any slack in the cable and now tighten up the screw on the cable stop in that position, now when you pull the clutch lever on the handle bars back your clutch should release and the bike should roll freely. see what you can do with all that, I hope I explained it all to where it is easily understood, it's kinda hard to put it into words on here sometime.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just keep on plugging at it and chime in here when you have a question and some the rest of us who have been there done that will help you get it done the best we can on the key board......
Shan