How fast do these Chinese 2-strokes go. 20 mph easy at idle.

GoldenMotor.com

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
The second heat cycle was done. After it cooled down I started it again.

At an estimated 800 to 1000 rpm idle, I am doing at least 20 mph.
I almost t-boned a van at a stop sign.

Even my son likes it now.
Kinda spooky to ride a bicycle that goes this fast without better brakes.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Re: How faet do these Chinese 2-strokes go. 20 mph easy at idle.

i can get about 36 mph. i usually cruise around 28mph though. they move along pretty good that is for sure

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have a 24" bike and I have yet to let it out on a straight now that I have the carb right. I am just not that ready to test it yet. But I think it will probably do more than I want.

I ride the elec at 15 miles an hour and that is plenty fast for me. However i know that I will be doing more with this one since it will do it. It's hard not to open it up when there is nothing else around. Probably equally hard when cars are pushing you to go faster.

One of the reasons i don't speed up is the road surface is really pretty bad on the bikes ability to stay in balance. On a good smooth road i wouldn't mind but even the smallest pothole makes it lurch.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Mine does around 34 with a 44 tooth sprocket but it gets to 30 mph pretty quick. Like CRUISER, I prefer to cruise around the 25mph range. I'm looking into getting a 36T for those long road trips.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I had my first one up to 45 mph a few times. I tend to doubt that's very accurate, but the guys in the cars were giving me hand signals out the window.

Probably more like 40 mph.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Looks to me like you're breaking the sound barrier!

When you passed by, I spilled coffee all over myself and cursed like a sailor!
(he-he!)
Uh, yeah, about that...I deleted my post about the avatar bike since I sold that one a couple whiles ago. The NEW AVATAR bike, is a regular old frame mount engine.

I photoshopped in the smoke since none of the two stroke bicycle motors that I have run smoke. If you look closely at the photo (don't know it it's visible) the smoke also has stars in it....I was just playing around with photo shop, which I am not-so-good at.:D

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Uh, yeah, about that...I deleted my post about the avatar bike since I sold that one a couple whiles ago. The NEW AVATAR bike, is a regular old frame mount engine.

I photoshopped in the smoke since none of the two stroke bicycle motors that I have run smoke. If you look closely at the photo (don't know it it's visible) the smoke also has stars in it....I was just palying around with photo shop, which I am not-so-good at.:D
When my tires get alot older.
I plan on spilling a quart or so of water or dilute clorox, and powerjacking (front brakes locked, no weight on frame let clutch out at high rpm's) my bike for 1 to 5 minutes or so and photoing the smoke.

This will ruin any tire very quick.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
....and maybe your chain too. I did that once and the tire started hopping and I thought I was gonna break everything. Just be carefull and have the camera person ready!

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
....and maybe your chain too. I did that once and the tire started hopping and I thought I was gonna break everything. Just be carefull and have the camera person ready!
I allready went crazy with the chain and sprocket.
A thatsdax .81 front ten tooth drive sprocket with two ---1 to 3 speed--- BMX chains with NO master link and, NO idler pulley. Very strong and very nice.