Is This The New Generation Motor?

GoldenMotor.com

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
I've been hearing about a new generation motor kit with certain upgrades to throttle,intake,needle bearings,and some hardware.I just ordered one of these kits from this guy,the 6mm hardware used on the covers looks to be improved from the old slotted,they almost have a grade 8 look to them??.Anybody know how to tell the difference between old and new,,or is it just the same as it always was and they used what they had at the factory for assembly?

Thanks

Tom:)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190710489619?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
If you are referring to the Super Rat (as the new style), which does have some of the upgrades you had mentioned.... One easy way to tell them is they have an INTERNAL CDI, so you will see the plug wire come out from under the magneto cover rather than an external black box. The pictures on that link show the standard external CDI, so its not a super rat, whether it is some other kind of next generation motor with those upgrade I have no idea.....

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
looks the same as all the others. has an NT carb with the older "skull" air filter.

most of the kits these days have a needle bearing in the rod. you'd have to take it apart to find out.

that's a good price, though, but there's nothing special about it.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Ok,
Thanks to you,,just was not sure seeing the different hardware and such,,It should be here in a few days,,got an old 26"Mongoose Alta its going on,,well let ya know how it runs!

Tom :)

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Looks just like the ZB66 new upgraded kit I got on e-bay 3 years ago. That's a good kit! Its still running good and has lots of torque.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Yeah,,
Just finished it up today on a mongoose alta 26"mountain,,runs alot smoother than my luckyearlybird motor,,will definetly buy again!!!

Does need a little tuning but i am lovin it!!
Its amazing how much easier the rag joint went on a true alloy wheel this time.That Huffy Cranbrook wheel was a little bit of a head scratcher...lol