my electric bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here is a picture of my trek pure outfitted with the magic pie 3 motor. 48v 1,000 watts of power. it rides and runs as good as it looks

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
on flat ground it does 28 mph. 10 amp battery i get around 20 miles which i imagine would be a lot more however i live on an island and it is up and down the mountains. does around 17mph up the mountains and with pedal assist i can keep it around 24mph up hill, huge difference pedaling an electric bicycle then a gas powered. their is basically no resistance and pedaling up the mountain for more speed you do in high gear and its like pedaling a regular bicycle down hill for more speed. that is best way i can explain it. i have put over 3,000 miles on the motor and has been maintenance free which is real nice. by maintenance free i mean no maintenance. no tightening bolts, chains or anything else. only maintenance is general bicycle maintenance to the bicycle itself. its a great ride and lots of fun. distance per charge is how you ride it. me i am full throttle and very little pedaling lol

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Thanks Paul,

I think my second build will be an ebike, but I need to learn a lot more first. Besides, I'm still trying to decide on how I want to go with the first build. :-||