Tools- HF tubing roller- anyone used one?

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have one and used it 2 times. Its some work to wheel the pipe back and forth but it turned out well. Make sure you have something solid to mount it to. This tool goes hand in hand with an engine stand...use it once or twice...and lend it to a friend till ya need it again...laff

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have the HF version and really don't recommend it. If you try to roll a tight radius the two ends start to twist away from each other. If you try to put a radius bend in a certain spot in the tube and leave straights on either end, you can end up with distortion between the straights and rolled area. Sometimes I get decent results, sometimes I don't. Tubing bends need to be flat and distortion free and that can be a challenge with the HF tubing roller. I have no experience with the Eastwood product but it's price may be an indication of a high quality tool.
Pat

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
its one of thouse things i have one at work like the harbor freight one its a great roller as long as you know what you are doing and have the die kit with the different sized rollers to match the pipe you are working or at least close to the size in it it is great but mine has a bottle jack in it instead of that crappy screw/bolt

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
ChainMaker I have found the same issues using the HF tubing roller that Pat has mentioned to address thee issue of turn out I used my torchs and some pressure on the finished rolls and all ended well so my opinion on the roller is its a cheap tool, that will do most jobs on its own but tighter rolls will need the use of other tools, Rick

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks for the advice, what I need it for is to do a curved toptube and a bottom loop. We all know the quality issues with HF as opposed to the pricey stuff, and the end results. What Im looking for is, is it a piece of crap or will I be able to make it work for what I need.