Lets give this a try ...........

GoldenMotor.com

Gr8lite

Jan 24, 2012
Maine
I hope this meets the criteria here for the introductions page.....it apparently doesn't on that other motorized bike board! Hope you all don't mind me hanging out with you guys instead of them. Thanks for having me and I hope not to offend.

Hello from Maine!

Always , always been a huge bicycle fan , at one point had 20 or 30 antique bikes. Sold most off to fund other projects. Now have around a dozen "good" bikes, you know a bike for every mood. All newer bikes but each one working and operating as it should.

However there has been something missing ........................ something I need ............................MORE POWER ! !

Undecided on the route I will be taking for this. The 49cc would be cheap and beneficial , the 66cc probably a better for the money choice , electric is quite intriguing. Most likely start with the gas chain drive system.

I think I will be modifying my Dyno Glide Deluxe for this build! I think I am going to modify the frame for more of a low mount engine , much like a "board tracker" style "belly" frame. To keep the engine low and better alignment with the rear sprocket. I Hope!

I really wish there were "better" engine choices than just the China engines. I am toying with the idea of at least investigating a chainsaw power plant option. Also there are some neat mini motorcycle auto clutch options out there. Not sure if I would want a shifter to mess with. Ahhh we'll see what happens. Most likely start with a cheapy China kit.

Thanks to all for having me!
Lots of great info on here! Thanks

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Welcome , those china's can be fun an reliable you just have to breakem in right , but which ever route you choose post pics we love that , an welcome again .

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hi there and welcome to the forum. I was never a fan of the other MB forum either, so I think you made the right choice. With that many bikes you should be able to make a soild motorbike project. The Dyno glide deluxe that you mentioned is a perfect bike to be motorized. It is big, solid, it has rear exit dropouts, and more then enough room for either a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke without having to modify the frame.

The Chinese engine kits do just fine if they are taken care of. A lot of the negative feedback on the kits are from people that don't take the necessary steps to ensure it will be reliable. Either they don't know what they are doing or don't care to bother with maintenance. You mentioned chainsaw power... they work, but with a Dyno cruiser a motor belongs in-frame, not a rear mount (just me). Do some research, if you have a question I'm sure it has already been answer before. When you get started with your project keep us updated with your progress, pictures mean everything.

Take Care,

Frank