what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I pushed mine from one side of the garage to the other. Its 9 degrees out.
did the same here....as the wife took me to Sears.....and we came home with 2 big a$$ boxes of Nordic Trac home gym equipment for me to assemble!.....so now we're gonna convert a spare bedroom into a gym...my Weider multi station weight machine...and her treadmill and stationary bike...the best part is i get back soooo much room in the garage!...an she got us a 40" flatscreen for the gym room....she's on a "tear" since its just her and i now......kicked the last chick outta the nest a few months back ...got her into a nice foreclosure home of her own........peace an quiet..........

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

did the same here....as the wife took me to Sears.....and we came home with 2 big a$$ boxes of Nordic Trac home gym equipment for me to assemble!.....so now we're gonna convert a spare bedroom into a gym...my Weider multi station weight machine...and her treadmill and stationary bike...the best part is i get back soooo much room in the garage!...an she got us a 40" flatscreen for the gym room....she's on a "tear" since its just her and i now......kicked the last chick outta the nest a few months back ...got her into a nice foreclosure home of her own........peace an quiet..........
Put a china motor on that Nordic Track stuff and make it a really cool gym... Why spoil a perfectly good record after having a motor on a bike, for all of the exercise it gives ya...

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas

I remember it now, My first wife saying, If you don't get rid of them, you can't have any of this. She made Great Chili, (c)

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina

Last night, I compaired my Cyclocomputer to my GPS. My Cyclo Computer always showed 1 mph over the GPS at any given speed. Now when I went to do a speed run,, I looked down at the computer, and it read ZERO... Darnit!!!!! So tonight I will have to do it again before the sun goes down.

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio

Tried to work on my leaf springer fork last night but it just didn't pan out. Playing with 11°F steel just doesn't cut it with my hands anymore... no heat in the barn. I've already had enough winter this year, normally I don't feel this way until February. So I ended up looking at my bike in pieces for a few minutes and going back in the house.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Replaced the steel MX bars with new red annodized bars and stem to save weight- also finally mounted the smaller chrome tank I've had around here over a year, to replace Pegasus tank.

Since Pegasus logo gone, I stenciled it on the motor now-

putting lighter derailleur on the back today and losing some cahin links from pedal side- I'm trying to get the bike lighter because I have to take it up stairs- I actually roll it, easier, and still may get an 8 foot pine plank.

27" inch alloy wheel almost ready for back- have 1 3/8 inch tire, already have 27x 1 1/4" on front- (not pictured) not sure when I'll get to that. Cruise should pedal and roll like a 10 speed.

.santa

Bike racing 1972 Super 8 film (no motors)
YouTube - Bike Racing Marion IN 1972

Attachments

Last edited:

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ

I got the motor mounted on my OCC chopper today. I've kinda been dreading that but it turned out ok. If everything goes well this weekend I should be on my way to Oakland by about Tuesday.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

(almost) finished my tank. yay!
Got any pics? I have a wooden mold about half done for a fiberglass layup I want to try out. I did order the bung and cap today though. Still thinking about the best way to mount the thing without drilling holes in the frame or welding on brackets.

(see I can post about tanks without mentioning 2 hours and $30... oops)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Went for short ride just to warm the oil for a change. Ended up riding out of town, threw Hartford and well into the next. Stopped and chatted with prolly 12 different folks. Never did get around to the oil change but did buy a face cover thing that made it more then warm enough to ride and enjoy. Was a really great day. About 4 or 5 hrs of just happy.

OH! The engine broke in really oddly. Just sort of smoothed out like breaking in a China girl. Sounds and vibes awesome. I couldn't get off her. Was that dang pleasant.

dance1

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Noxoned my front rim and it looks like it should be in a showroom. Replaced my front inner tube. It was 15 years old.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I rode my bike to and from work today. It is truly an adrenaline rush whenever I ride, especially among cagers. It takes about 15minutes to wind down after a ride. I usually spend that time wiping down my bike.

Tonight I cleaned and adjusted the drive chain. The 460 engine block was making direct contact with a HT tank. It was causing a nasty vibration, so I wiggled it out of the way.

Bike is wiped down, gassed up and ready for a ride to town tomorrow. It rained all day today. Hopefully, the road dries up by daylight, or it'll be a VERY slow ride to town tomorrow.xct2

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

stared at it while putting an engine for my car back together...

then thought about how to design a boxer engine for it...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Well, today I screwed up my courage, picked up my cane, and hobbled to the shed where I've been storing the wrecked bike. It has now been four months since the accident, and I find I've actually been waiting for this day. I began tearing down old Tempus and assessing what I'll need to transfer the engine onto my Higgins frame. So far, it looks like I'll need two engine mount spacers, and a whole new carburettor (the old one was cracked in the accident). And I think I'll be using a 36T pedal sprocket to make starting off the line a bit easier, and more room around the engine. I have begun now, and the end of this project will be a beautiful vintage-style motorbike.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Awesome Allen. Good to hear. First few were a lil freaky for me. Just lil pauses of causatious moments.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Wiped out on some ice going around a curve last night, landed hard, but only broke my left wrist and messed up my knee... luckily the bike was okay :) I took the brunt of the impact.

Glad to hear you're gettin' back into it Al, take'r easy man!

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine

Killer,Sorry to read that you wiped out! Getting that time of year when you really have to be on HIGH alert!That exhaust looks cool did you build that or modify it from something off the shelf? Take care.Kip.
[email protected]

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

whats the weather like killer

and welcome back home did you really brake your wrist