Quiet Muffler???

GoldenMotor.com

SJCASEY1110

Mar 14, 2008
Hey does anyone know what I can do to make my 80cc engine quieter. I want to ride it around people but hate how loud it is. Maybe you guys can help!!

Thanks,
sjcasey1110

(c)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Buy some heat proof silicone tubing with an I.D. of the same measurement as the O.D. of you pipe outlet. Point a 2" piece of it down at the ground and see if that helps.

Pack the lower half of your muffler loosely with fiberglass. Matt or shreaded cloth, not household insulation.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have a home made pipe and muffler on my rat bike and its so quiet all I hear is the intake noise. The muffler is based on the stock muffler with a few mods. Cruiser had one I made for is bike.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Try it as it will not hurt it and it will quiet it some. Might be enough or just what you are looking for/listening for? rotfl (^)

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

I'd live to see somebody make a custom exhaust into a car muffler....yes car muffler....Plenty of capacity (designed for much larger engines) so shouldn't create too much back pressure....May look a little ungainly but should work great....at least on the exhaust side...May have to hide the air filter in a
sound deadening box since I have heard that the intake is loud also....Other things to consider is "rubberizing" the clutch cover and inserting rubber between the cooling fins....
Do all this and you'll definitely be stealthy!
Hope this helps.
Andrew

TomE

Jul 7, 2008
I have a home made pipe and muffler on my rat bike and its so quiet all I hear is the intake noise. The muffler is based on the stock muffler with a few mods. Cruiser had one I made for is bike.
Hate to bring up an old thread, but would you mind posting pics of your super quiet exhaust? I'm on the search for stealth technology. :D

VOETOM

Jul 20, 2008
SJCasey, I made some quiet , high flowing mufflers for Whizzers and still have parts left. You will have to fabricate the outer shell or use a short piece of say 2" thin wall tubing if you want to make a really cool glasspack. Email me at [email protected] and I can set you up.

Tom