Newbie From San Jose, CA

GoldenMotor.com

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Hi Y'all,
I am new to motor bicycling. I just bought a cruiser and a motor kit. Unfortunately, the gas cap was missing from the kit so I can't go for a spin for at least another few days unless anyone happens to know if a replacement cap can be found at the local auto parts store. I guess that's the quality control from the origin of these factories. No surprise there. My mt. bike and road bike each have over 3000 miles on them but my legs were the motor. I guess I bought the motor bike kit because it looks super fun and I'd like to take a break from pedaling. So far, this website has been excellent and the tips and knowledge are super.
Sparks66

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hmm - bet someone filched the cap outa yer kit cause someone lost theirs lol, I've been meanin' to replace mine cause I hates it (can only fill tank 1/2 - 3/4 or it'll spew), still haven't done it yet cause Ima slacker :p

Cabinfever suggested this;

i actually do have a part number for a rubber/plastic cap(non vented) from Napa.
its a oil filler cap and you can make a hole in center and put a tube for venting.
part# 703-2300
Welcome to the forum Sparks!

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
Hey Sparks66,
I am also a newbie in S.J. We should try to hook up for a ride some time. I live in north San Jose and ride a lot of the trails around Alviso. Drop me a line and we'll hit the road. See ya, Sharksfan.