Hello everyone Pleas help me solve my clutch problem!

GoldenMotor.com

Benji

Dec 9, 2015
Cali
Hello, I was hoping to get an idea of what I need to do to get my moterbike running again and thought this would be the place to ask.

I was given a 66cc china girl engine by a friend and it worked for a few hours before the clutch stopped working so I took off the cover that attaches the chain to the engine(this was very hard to do because the buckingbar was pressing against the inside of the cover with lots of pressure) and noticed that the buckingbar was out farther then it should be so I tried to push it back in and it wouldn't budge!

I decided to take the clutch cover off and after getting the clover shaped nut and clutch plate off I noticed that the center Disengaer Shaft(threaded rod that the clover nut screws onto) was pushed in.

So my question is how can I free the center Disengaer Shaft so that it moves back and forth so I can reinstall my buckingbar and get my clutch working again properly?

Thanks for reading!

Regards,
Benji

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
here's a pic of that shaft

clutch grubee gt.jpg

if the pin holding that rod against the inner spring has come out, that may be the problem, but that is very rare - I'd take that shaft out and look for rust or scoring that is binding it enough to stop it from returning

Benji

Dec 9, 2015
Cali
Thanks for the picture! I was wondering what the clutch assembly looked like from a cross section view.

I have no idea how to take the shaft out, is it a difficult procedure that need specialized tools to preform or is it something I can do with a screwdriver and crescent wrench?

does anyone have any tips / tricks on how to easily remove the clutch shaft?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
easiest way is to take out bucking bar, take off drive sprocket, put a bolt into the hole to protect end of shaft and drive sprocket & clutch as a unit out other side

done a lot if these & never saw this problem tho, so be sure it is bad before starting to remove it