I keep seeing this with no clear answer please help

GoldenMotor.com

tonyschild

Oct 7, 2015
Knoxville
I have a 66 cc motor first build ever. Everything was fine until I took the cover off to put the chain on. Ever since the bucking bar is too long and I cant put the cover on. I keep seeing posts about this however I have no clue why this is happening I have called BB and nothing they suggested worked. This is the craziest thing ever.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried backing out the flower nut. I have removed it as well however the bucking bar is still to long.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
a pic would help - are you sure the clutch arm & its cam shaft are all the way seated in the cover & with arm pointing to rear?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Welcome to the forum...
A pic would definitely help here, but if the bucking bar is sticking out too far did you take it out when removing the clutch cover? Are you sure there's only one ball in front of the bar? What about too much grease pushed in the hole, that'll also keep it from going all the way in if you or so,e one else put too much grease in there....
Try taking the bar out and flipping it around to see if it goes all the way in, it's possible there's a burr on the end of the bar or something in the hole that don't belong there, it should be just one ball then the bar....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the community. Maybe we can get you going.

It's too bad you messed with the flower nut. You're going to have to start from scratch to get it adjusted correctly again. Here's a good tutorial on doing that > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

I'll ask the same questions the first two replies did. Either one could be your problem but I'm leaning toward the clutch actuator arm not being in the right position. The arm must point toward the rear of the bike so the cam and bucking bar are aligned before the sprocket cover will go on.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We get these occasionally. A new member will ask a question, get replies then we don't hear back. Either we fixed it for him or he forgot where he posted the question.

In this case the OP hasn't been back since starting this thread.

It would be nice to know if the problem was solved.

Tom

Last edited: