Another tough winter day in So Cal

GoldenMotor.com

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Only in California will you see a setup like this. rotfl

I grew up in rural northern Idaho, wood stoves were our only heat and we burned about 15-20 cord a season. Sorry, I find such an image amusing.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Only in California will you see a setup like this. rotfl

I grew up in rural northern Idaho, wood stoves were our only heat and we burned about 15-20 cord a season. Sorry, I find such an image amusing.
Yes, that was the point. I love wood stoves but have no real use for them here, so I enjoy it however I can.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Yes, that was the point. I love wood stoves but have no real use for them here, so I enjoy it however I can.
I figured that was your point but thought I ought to get a good jab in just in case you really huddled around a fire when it's 60 degrees.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
There's nothing quite as warming as wood heat. I like living with a wood stove, having a warm spot to cozy up to when cold. I have the good fortune of having a door with fireview glass in it, so it is nice being able to watch a fire as well as feel it warm you. There's something primal about a controlled fire whether in a stove or an open camp fire. As a species we've been sitting around fire and staring in to it for a very long time. For me it is or can be at least a spiritual experience, like looking into water or touching the milky way with your eyes at night. Enjoy your fire, my friend.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I agree with Silverbear. There's something sort of magical about watching a fire.
I don't mean in the pyromaniac sense, just watching flames in general. It has a soothing effect.

Char and I bought a gas patio heater early last fall. Yeah, the fire is from propane but the burner is buried in stuff like you use in a gas fireplace and there's lava rock and fake logs. Even still, we enjoyed it until it got too cold to sit on the patio. Maybe come spring, which I hope won't be far off, we'll enjoy it again.

Tom

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm with you guys ---- I'd rather watch a dancing fire than anything on television. The fire will give you a different storyline everytime you watch it.