upgrades?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I recommend an expansion chamber, a high performance air cleaner, some carb jets, and if you don't already have one, a 36T rear sprocket. Just that alone will get you to 35-40 mph which is already faster than most motor bicycles should go. If there's hills where you live consider a 40T sprocket. You'll still be able to get 35 mph.

The SBP pipes works well, and the one mentioned above gets good reviews too. Pirate Cycle sells sprockets, and hub adapters.

These mods are very easy to do and won't have much effect on overall dependability.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you have a 20" wheel?, I'd go with as small a rear sprocket as possible (like 28T). ;)

This bike has 20" wheels with a 28T rear sprocket, & it does a solid 34MPH... (which is plenty fast for a small bike)!! :rolleyes:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=51635

I would also like to add to my previous post & say that it's not just the smaller sprocket, but the HUB ADAPTER that is the bigger part of the upgrade; because the perfectly true spinning sprocket creates fewer chain vibrations & a much smoother running bike. ;)

Last edited: