styled ne5 whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

Buzz Bomb

Nov 13, 2008
SoCal
That's one of the coolest whizzers i've ever seen! it would look even cooler if you put some ape-hangers on it!! dance1
Maybe, but I don't think that is the look he's going for...

You could get a Aerocycle style drop stem for the handlebars though- It would drop the handlebars a good 3 inches, for a more streamlined affect. Even some old Scout style bars reversed, for a seriously tucked riding position. I'd love to build an old teens Excelsior fashioned Whizzer... I might still with my current prewar project....scratg

lobsterboyx

Dec 20, 2008
Los Angeles
a new stem is def on my list, as it turns out, this fork has a stop welded inside of it. i need to find a cheap roadbike stem that will take the handlebars way down and forward. also, the seat needs go. ive been holding off on fab work until i can do it right and not have it be an ongoing build. i love riding this thing and not having it ridable would be a pain..

im also interested in these scout bars you speak of!

also, in the tradition of board track bikes, this bike does not have brakes, the rear coaster is messed up.

i did a mockup of my next board build, and i started cutting pieces of a tank. the next one is going to be, hopefully a little less balls out and more of a comfy rider. as we all know, the whizzer clutch system is not the best.

lobsterboyx

Dec 20, 2008
Los Angeles
the forks are most notably off of a western flyer "x53", they also come on another murray off brand from the 50s

keep an eye out on ebay, they come up every so often

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Will Get Better Pictures When He Gets It Down Stairs And Washed. This Is The "whizzer In The Attic". Richard=the Owner Pedaled Papers With It 50 Yrs Ago. He Never Had The Motor, He Did Remove The Rear Wheel Large Pulley (sheave) From It. He May Put A Ht On It. He Has A Fine Body Shop He Built 41 Yrs Ago. He Has A Top Shelf 31 Chev 2 Door Sedan Street Rod. Sb Chec Ac, Ps,at, That He Built From The Ground Up. When You Enlarge Pics To Full Screen They Dont Look So Bad. I Should Have Used The Flash, They Looked Better Thru The View Finder When I Took Them. I Thought You Whizzer Fellows Mite Enjoy Them. It Has The Locking Front Fork, So You Cant Turn It. It has wide fenders. I believe it is a real whizzer frame. Later Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Buzz, I Hear That. I Thought The Whizzer Guys Would Feel That Way. But Its His, So What Can I Say. He Said Its Not For Sale. He May Do Nothing With It. He Is In His 60`s. I`ll Get Some Better Pictures When He Brings It Down Stairs And Washes It. He Thinks He Has The Key For The Frt Fork Yet. THE WHITEWALL IS COMING OFF THE REAR TIRE, NOT RIM BENT. Ron.

Last edited: