video

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
The only cool thing about that video is the fact you could see a second rider. Accidents happen when you ride like an idiot. Stop signs mean stop. Sidewalks are for pedestrians. Making a video of breaking the law isn't a very smart thing to do. Who knows maybe a local cop is watching this video right now. My bike is a legal build and I obey all the traffic laws. It's actions like these from irresponsible riders that get laws passed to take our bikes from us. Please tell your friends to become responsible riders. You may even save their lives by doing this.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ditto:
That kind of riding is what will ultimately kill our hobby. Running stop signs, speeding in school zones, etc. etc. Thanks for posting a video that shows how NOT to ride a motorized bicycle. If anyone is impressed with those guys they need to find a new hobby. :(

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, way cool baby! Blow thru them stop signs and do some racing on the streets.

You should get a job at motovelo, they like to ride like this.

Idiots.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
so many haters IDGAF what you think about the way my friends ride

but I will admit that they were riding pretty stupid

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
so many haters IDGAF what you think about the way my friends ride

but I will admit that they were riding pretty stupid
Maybe you should. You'll be better off. Blantant irresponsibility is nothing to emulate or admire. Your friends are heading for a fall and it could be a fatal one. Don't join them.
Some day, when you're older you'll remember that advice. I hope you take it before you become a victim, or a statistic.

Tom

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
You got that right I do hate idiot drivers. My brother got 11 bones broke on one side of his body because my x-brother-in-law was doing the same thing your friends were doing. He ran a stop sign and hit my brother. It seems we care more about your friends than you do. Otherwise you'd be agreeing with us and try to get them to become responsible riders. I'm trying to help them not hurt them. Be a real friend to them and get your friends to stop riding like that before its too late.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Surprising they made it as far as they did. Pretty much total disregard for anyone and anything. Maybe they learned something

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
hmmmm this is going nowhere productive. They were in the wrong - yes its true! I am not responsible for the actions of my friends (who are grown men) and I think that they realize that they where riding irresponsibly - they wanted to make an interesting video and I guess they took it a little too far. dont call me an idiot mike.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I really don't care if your friends live or die.

I just don't want them bouncing off of my car.

It's such a pain in the ass, all the police reports that need to written up, waiting for the ambulance to carry them away and all the time on the phone with the insurance companies.

And the coroner takes even longer.

I really don't care about your fast friends except for how they might just waste my time.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Yes some of us have gotten wiser with age. Since one of your friend has a camera and you have one also make another video of the proper way to ride. Then you can edit the two cameras together showing different angles. Some sounds effects and y'all have a great video. It did concern me when you said you wanted to go riding with them. I consider the people on here a family of sorts. We want to keep you around my friend.

Mar 31, 2013
RI
hmmmm this is going nowhere productive. They were in the wrong - yes its true! I am not responsible for the actions of my friends (who are grown men) and I think that they realize that they where riding irresponsibly - they wanted to make an interesting video and I guess they took it a little too far. dont call me an idiot mike.
...not one person has called you an idiot, instead everyone has pointed out how irresponsible the riders in the video are, it's them who are idiots.

...frankly, i'd say these fools got off lucky and maybe came away with a better ending than they deserved, ...if they don't learn from this maybe next time one or both end up dead or crippled.

...what really sucks is that fools like this make it harder for the rest of us who just want to ride and are willing to respect traffic laws, ...it's moronic behavior like this that cause idiot politicians to pass intrusive laws that all the rest of us would just as soon do without.

peace, bozo

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ditto:
That kind of riding is what will ultimately kill our hobby. Running stop signs, speeding in school zones, etc. etc. Thanks for posting a video that shows how NOT to ride a motorized bicycle. If anyone is impressed with those guys they need to find a new hobby. :(

Tom
Agree completely.... with you Tom and everyone else that rang in here on how these guy are riding like a couple a wild apes......

People that act like this risk not only life and limb but also risk causing the rest of us who do obey the law to loose the right to enjoy this great hobby.
The way it always is though a few morins end up screwing thing up for the rest of us.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I just looked at this again. right near the start they blow straight
thru a stop sign with a cop sitting right there. Genius!

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
HEY! I RIDE LIKE THAT!! lol but yeah all you guys are right the cops have been pretty nice all the 100 times they pull me over.. maybe they would leave me alone if i ease up on the throttle and pull the breaks a little more often... its just so annoying when drivers dont respect cyclists and share the road.. passing without giving 3 feet and in no passing zones when i do the limit... but no excuses... better safe than sorry.. thank you all for opening my eyes to the fact that other riders will be effected by my poor decisions..

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Maybe if you respect them, they'll reciprocate. I don't get hassled cuz
I give them reason to do so. As for drivers not sharing the road,
all I can say is that making yourself as visible as possible is the only
protection you've got, that & a loud horn. I ride with a day-glo vest
& gloves with a red flasher in back & a light in front. Why... cuz I've
bin hit 4 times starting at age 7. I wasn't hurt 3 times, but the 4th
messed me up big time, damn near died. I do everything I can think of
to prevent that happening again. That includes a pre-flight check of
tires, mirror, lights, & making sure it's all tight. When i ride I maintain
focused situational awareness. Up here a slight patch of moss or groove
in the road can dump you. I don' like having do do all these things, but
it's important to be a model for kids on bikes. I never want them to suffer
as I have.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
HEY! I RIDE LIKE THAT!! lol but yeah all you guys are right the cops have been pretty nice all the 100 times they pull me over.. maybe they would leave me alone if i ease up on the throttle and pull the breaks a little more often... its just so annoying when drivers dont respect cyclists and share the road.. passing without giving 3 feet and in no passing zones when i do the limit... but no excuses... better safe than sorry.. thank you all for opening my eyes to the fact that other riders will be effected by my poor decisions..
Well said and its a very mature thing for someone to humble themselves and admit that maybe they haven't done something as good as they could have...... I tip my hat to ya DIANY stay safe and happy riding........! You have a good soul my friend

Map