Micargi Beach Cruiser Rover 7 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

jessejay356

Sep 8, 2010
Coralville, Iowa
I was thinking about getting one of these for my MB. How do you account for the twist shifter and the twist throttle? Any pictures would be of great help. Also, what is my best option with this bike to eliminate the rag joint?

Thanks,
Jesse

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
Put the grip shifter on the left side along with the clutch lever. Purchase a dual pull brake lever and put both brake cables in it and put the brake lever on the right side. The SBP shift kit is the ONLY way to go. Also SBP has a 7 speed chain ring for the rear that has a extra big first gear chain ring that is a great addition. A nice slow first gear and no peddling to start out. I found the supplied 36t front sprocket for the rear drive was too much for me. I changed to their 30t sprocket and go 30 mph in 6th gear at 5100 rpm. With the 36t I couldn't pull 6th gear on the flat with a Silver Grubee 66cc.

With the stock single speed setup it took 7500 rpm to go 30 mph and a lot of pedaling to start out from a stop.

Jim

jessejay356

Sep 8, 2010
Coralville, Iowa
Left side, DUH! It seems so simple, yet I didn't think of it! :) I'm not really looking for that much speed, so I think a shift kit is over kill for me. I don't mind doing some pedaling. I will definitely get a dual pull brake lever. I've look at spooky tooth, and sbc... but I'm not sure which adapters will fit the Micargi. I also am looking at which motor is the best, there are so many choices, and they all look the same to me. Have to keep looking.. Thanks for the help guys, I will be sure to post pictures of my build! :)