MM intake and clutch arm

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I just started installing My kit (zb80) I have a M.M. intake but the clutch arm hits the carb not allowing the arm to be pulled all the way in. Pirates site says" Use of this intake will require that you remove the clutch Line Bolt and cut off a 1/4 inch of thread. Then replace." I am guessing the clutch line bolt is the one that the cable feeds through but I dont see how this will allow the arm full movement, anyone encountered this ? any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Cheers

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Is your clutch arm straight or is it one of the newer, longer arms with the bend at the end of the arm?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You need to cut 1/4" off the part the screws into the engine (to get the cable under the carb) & probably adjust the star nut on the side of the clutch plate to get the arm away from the carb.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
It is a strait arm... I can attach the cable to the arm with no interference from the carb I just wont be able to get it to pull all the way in without hitting this nipple with a screw in it on the bottom side of the bowl, clutch cover plate isnt coming off too easy the screw-bolt heads are already screwed they came kind of stripped out (whats the best way to remove them I don't want to return it becuase of that and they are out of stock) How far does that arm need to be able to come in ?
Cheers

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Just far enough to have the clutch released with the pin pushed in on the clutch handle.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Sorry about the crappy pictures, I have a 7 month vampire baby that will wake at the slightest bit of unnatural light in the house

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That clutch arm can be slightly re-clocked. There is a acorn nut on top of it. The arm sits on a set of splines. It is a bit of a bugger to pull off. Just re-clock it to a favorable position, and reattach the acorn nut.

I was looking at your picture don't know about the m&m one just the China it may not be reclockable?

Last edited: