• Under 60

Votes: 87 40.1%
  • Over 60

Votes: 36 16.6%

• Total voters

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
OK, I'm 68, in progress of building my first motorbike. I usually feel much younger but, that could be because I work with three gals in their early 20's.

lowroller

Feb 26, 2010
calif.
42 yrs.......... my harley sits in the garage and here I am playing with little bikes and lovin it /FELT EL GUAPO is very cool.....

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I'm 41 going on 90. Too many years of heavy lifting in the gym, fighting on the street and too many deployments to fight in wars where I have lost sight of what we are fighting for. Built my first MB in Iraq so at least something good came out of it all :)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm 65 and lucky to be alive after four near death experiences,,, near drowning at four, near choking at mid twenties (allergic reaction to penicillin), head on collision mid forties, and lightning strike early fifties (technically dead then) followed by nervous system disease Guillane Barre' Syndrome (like polio) from the lightning damage. Can't hear for beans, have ringing in my ears from the lightning, partial paralysis from the lightning/nerve disease, but other than that I'm in great shape for the shape I'm in. Some of the ladies who can't see well think I'm ten years younger. Ha! I still do firewood by hand, felling trees, etc. still a strong swimmer and absolutely love riding my motorbicycles. I do a little pedaling for exercise and a whole lot of putting around for smiles. These bikes... doing builds and tinkering around making stuff for them... going for rides and getting compliments... it is all part of my health plan and I expect to still be riding twenty years from now.
SB

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
24 going on about 6.lol i generaly dont like listening to old people and there droning but this site can only be xpressed on page so i dont have to read it all !!!!

im joking im joking not trying to start a war k?

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
I'm 48 till May, I have a 6yr old autistic son for who I am a full time dad. I was spending lots of my days finding junk to re-sell including bicycles, computers, or anything that was flip-able. I found my dream bicycle (my Higgins). Last summer I saw a guy riding an old Schwinn cruiser with a motor, which set the wheels in motion so to speak. I am a kid at heart, good for me, bad for the wife, who thinks I'm embarrassing hehe, but I enjoy life. You can call me eccentric and it'd fit me pretty well. Sorry for rambling......:D

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm 48 till May, I have a 6yr old autistic son for who I am a full time dad. I was spending lots of my days finding junk to re-sell including bicycles, computers, or anything that was flip-able. I found my dream bicycle (my Higgins). Last summer I saw a guy riding an old Schwinn cruiser with a motor, which set the wheels in motion so to speak. I am a kid at heart, good for me, bad for the wife, who thinks I'm embarrassing hehe, but I enjoy life. You can call me eccentric and it'd fit me pretty well. Sorry for rambling......:D
Rambling is a specialty of mine. I'd like to share a thought regarding a possible match between your bike and your autistic son. I worked with an autistic Ojibwa Indian boy for a couple years, he was 6/7 at the time and one of his absolute favorite things was riding behind my motorbicycle in the kiddie trailer with my dog. He found the confinement of the trailer comforting (many autistic children like being inside of things fort like and being held). The motion of the bike, the passing scenery, the drone of the engine and closeness of the dog was very good for him and put him into a kind of 'zone' of just being and at peace with himself. Sometimes we rode for hours through the forest, stopping for lunch at a creek or lake and then riding some more. When he was highly agitated a bike ride was like a medical prescription and always leveled him out. I put many hundred miles on an Instep Lightning model trailer, wore it out (the fabric) and got another as my dog begs for rides in her trailer. This spring I am going to attempt converting a kiddie trailer frame I found into a side car. Your boy may like your bike as much as you do. This was my ramble of the morning.
SB

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
Rambling is a specialty of mine. I'd like to share a thought regarding a possible match between your bike and your autistic son. I worked with an autistic Ojibwa Indian boy for a couple years, he was 6/7 at the time and one of his absolute favorite things was riding behind my motorbicycle in the kiddie trailer with my dog. He found the confinement of the trailer comforting (many autistic children like being inside of things fort like and being held). The motion of the bike, the passing scenery, the drone of the engine and closeness of the dog was very good for him and put him into a kind of 'zone' of just being and at peace with himself. Sometimes we rode for hours through the forest, stopping for lunch at a creek or lake and then riding some more. When he was highly agitated a bike ride was like a medical prescription and always leveled him out. I put many hundred miles on an Instep Lightning model trailer, wore it out (the fabric) and got another as my dog begs for rides in her trailer. This spring I am going to attempt converting a kiddie trailer frame I found into a side car. Your boy may like your bike as much as you do. This was my ramble of the morning.
SB
I haven't pulled him on the motor bike yet, but he always loved riding behind my pedal bikes.
He usually fell asleep within minutes on our rides! That tells you something. I'd put his country music on the portable radio and of to la la land hehehe....Thanks for the story.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
hellhammered,
Thanks for sharing the photos. When you have your bike running and the trailer hooked up wed love to hear how he likes it... pictures, too. I think of the Ojibwa boy often and feel deeply for those with autism. Your boy is lucky to have you. Wishing you both all good things.
Silverbear

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
hellhammered,
Thanks for sharing the photos. When you have your bike running and the trailer hooked up wed love to hear how he likes it... pictures, too. I think of the Ojibwa boy often and feel deeply for those with autism. Your boy is lucky to have you. Wishing you both all good things.
Silverbear
That was a couple of years ago 4th of July Parade. Thanks for your kind words. My son is really such a happy boy 98% of the time, his teachers and classmates just adore him. I've smothered him with love and humor ever since he was born. I consider myself blessed he chose me for a father. Thanks again silverbear ;)

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
Fasteddy...yea I remember you..always sticking me with those diaper pins and dragging me outside to wash my but off with the garden hose in the middle of the winter