"Why you put an engine on your bicycle?" and best answer goes to...

GoldenMotor.com

Why you put an engine on your bicycle? Best answer poll.

• It's better than putting pedals on a motorcycle.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • It's lots of fun, and I was bored.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I was bored and I want to annoy you.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • It has better mileage and I get some exercise.

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • It's legal!!!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Pollution is better than perspiration.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I like riding bicycles but don't like to pedal.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • It was a gift and can't return it, coz I like it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Originally because I saw somebody with one and after talking to him I realized that their were kits to do this. Besides that, I have toiled with bicycles as a hobby for many years and motorizing a bike via these kits was yet another avenue to pursue. And after building two and overall riding them for over one year, conventional pedaling feels of slow motion.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Crzy, Good To Hear You Are Having Fun. Has Been To Nasty To Ride Even In Fl. Lately! From Wi. So I Know What Its Like In Your Neck Of The Woods. I Need To Get More Aleve! Bottles Empty!. Later, Ron

christopher fowler

Dec 17, 2009
p a washington
hey great tread starting question.I started hanging motors on bikes because i could! I have worked pedaling bikes since I was a kid. Now that I am 45 i started with mbs.I have been working as bicycle mech for the last 15 of my laps around the sun.I allways tried to persuade previous shop owners (boss'es)to see the coolfactor of mb's none of them took the bait.Now it,s my turn to show pepole what fowl-aireis capable of stay tuned,stay positive!dance1

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
there is a big reason that you forgot to put in. all of us with heavy bikes (mainly choppers) really hate hills but its a reason for every bike "i put a motor on my bike because i live near a hill"
another common reason would be "so that i canbrnot

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
I'm generally not enjoying the direction of social and governmental evolution...the 'Man' wants in my wallet, in my house, in my car, in my LIFE! Every time the big guys get together in DC and state capitol, more things are illegal, regulated, and taxed! A motorized bike is, for now, a great symbol of beating - or at least avoiding - the 'System'! Cheap, no registration, no insurance, I can hide it in my backyard...totally under the 'Man's' radar (at least for now).

...or maybe just because I like to tinker?

Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin would have LOVED motored bikes!