Where to get a tank built?

GoldenMotor.com

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Hi guys I remember seeing someone on here who was building tanks for members but I cant seem to find the posts. Does anyone know someone who builds gas tanks? Thanks

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What type of gas tank are you looking for? In frame, on the top tube, the top tube converted, keg behind the seat or a rack tank perhaps?

Culvercityclassic builds all kinds of awesome tanks, ya might check him out.....

Last edited:

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
does anyone have any good ideas for an Onyx (the 29'r genesis) tank? I want my next build to look more board-track-ish. Plus I wanna fill that hole up on top of the engine. has anyone done it? Here's an Idea of what I want.

has anyone pulled this off? I don't mind the idea of a tank that has black leather straps to hold it in place, but I wanna stay away from U-bolts if possible. I'm also considering an under the seat type of tank. Any input guys?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
You can always try Dan at Taylar motorbikes, you won't find a better Indian tank any where other then an original.
Weither you need it built for a Worksman, Taylar Indian or custom, in my opinion No! One does a better Indian Tank then Dan
1st pic is a Worksman in frame size
2nd is of course a Taylar in frame size

(661) 341-0192

Attachments

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi guys I remember seeing someone on here who was building tanks for members but I cant seem to find the posts. Does anyone know someone who builds gas tanks? Thanks
A new vendor from Las Vegas builds very nice stainless tanks for board trackers at an excellent price.

www.silverstatecycles.com

here's the owner Scott at Viva Las Vegas with one of his bikes
complete with custom tank.

Last edited:

Robby

May 18, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
image-4236732677.jpg

Here's one I made earlier. Not much help to you as I'm located in Australia. Tig welded 316 stainless. It cost me a small fortune (Approx $150!) to make as I bought 2 dome end caps, a Speedflow weld on fitting with cap, 4" dia pipe, a large conical reducer and a few billets which I machined for the split clamp and petcock valve boss. I broke the stock China tank stud fitting it up.

Robby

May 18, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
The stainless is pretty heavy, but unfortunately I don't have an A/C Tig at home for welding aluminum, otherwise I would have made one from alloy spinnings.
Also keep you mind open to what you could use to make a tank: aluminum drink flasks, pots and pans, metal cups and jars....

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'd like to see some one make a Thor styled flat sided tank for a Worksman, maybe I can get Dan to try one when he's not so busy.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I should get a Worksman frame and make a Thor replica boardtracker to cruise with a 4 stroke, I did a search and they have a nice style.